Partnership Taxation Partner
This company’s core business is audit, tax and advisory services. In short, we strive for a keen understanding of the client’s business in order to provide insightful and sound operational advice, recommend process improvement strategies, and offer suggestions to manage risk. Our professionals are thought leaders, providing personalized attention and quality service to our clients.
This company’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals in our offices across the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure continuous improvement and development of tax professionals.
- Elevate this company's Brand by demonstrating thought leadership and embracing our marketing and sales programs.
- Ensure the Tax Practice maintains a high level of quality and follows the firm’s quality control policies.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to sell services to existing and potential clients.
- Drive strategy development and implementation, profitability and growth for the tax practice.
- Promote collaboration between service lines and industries to provide high quality client service.
- Attract, develop and retain talent for the Tax Practice.
- Engage in productive interaction and teaming with office, regional and national leadership.
- Use knowledge of the client, competition, market and product or service to expand services to current clients.
- Fully support and implement the firm’s performance management process including individual assessment, project evaluation and coaching.
- Proactively anticipate and stay informed of information related to their specialty, including regulations, market practices, trends, economic factors and risk
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 15 years or more of progressive federal tax consulting/compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Experience in a medium- to large-sized public, regional, or national accounting firm.
- Experience in Partnership returns.
- Hands-on, advanced experience using tax technology.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment and manage multiple engagements and competing priorities.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and CPA license required. Masters, JD or LLM in Taxation preferred, along with other related certifications.
- Ability to work additional hours and travel to various client sites as needed.