Job Profile Summary
Supervises and directs employees engaged in activities related to operation and maintenance of oil and gas liquid processing and compressor facilities.Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Supervise, direct, and/or assist employees performing operations and maintenance activities on processing and/or compressor plant equipment
- Coordinate plant improvements and modifications and other special projects
- Compile, prepare, and/or analyze various reports and correspondence including but not limited to:
- O&M capital budgets
- Measurement documentation
- Balance reports
- Authorization for expenses (AFE’s)
- Plant production reports
- Construction drawings and maps
- Chromatograph printouts
- Determine materials required for operations and prepare appropriate purchase requisitions
- Ensure compliance with company policies related to OSHA/PSM, DOT, federal/state environmental regulations and other regulatory requirements. Prepare appropriate documentation
- Provide information and/or assistance to management and employees regarding daily work activities, scheduling, operational changes, etc
Licenses and Certifications
Strength Factor Rating - Physical Demands/Requirements
- Knowledge of: compressor station, storage field, gathering field, and processing plant operations and related equipment.
- Knowledge of: computers and applicable spreadsheet and word processing software such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of: cryogenic process plants, gas and liquid processing fundamentals, company/governmental operating and safety procedures, emergency response procedures, safe handling of flammable gases, liquids, and high-pressure systems
- Skills in: communications
- Ability to: apply basic math and algebraic formulas.
- Ability to: monitor compressor, storage, gathering, and processing activities and situations to ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to: interact, advise, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to: train, direct, and/or supervise; working knowledge of personnel policies and procedures.
- Ability to: compile and prepare reports, recommendations, and correspondence.
- Ability to: read and interpret manuals, policies, procedures, permits, governmental regulations, construction specifications and drawings, chromatograph printouts, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to: communicate and/or exchange information or instruction
- Ability to: operate tools and equipment required
Strength Factor Description - Physical Demands/Requirements
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Standing: Remaining on one's feet in an upright position at a work station without moving about (Frequently)
- Walking: Moving about on foot (Frequently)
- Sitting: Remaining in a seated position (Occasionally)
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) (Occasionally)
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder (Occasionally)
- Pushing: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (Occasionally)
- Pulling: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking) (Occasionally)
- Climbing: Ladders, Stairs (Occasionally)
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling (Constantly)
- Stooping: Bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist (Occasionally)
- Kneeling: Bending the legs at the knees to come to rest on the knee or knees (Occasionally)
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending the legs and spine (Occasionally)
- Crawling: Moving about on the hands and arms in any direction (Constantly)
- Reaching: Extending hands and arms in any direction (Constantly)
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with the hand or hands (Manual Dexterity) (Constantly)
- Fingering: Picking, pinching or otherwise working with the fingers primarily (Finger Dexterity) (Constantly)
- Feeling: Perceiving such attributes of objects/materials as size, shape, temperature, texture, movement or pulsation by receptors in the skin, particularly those of the finger tips (Constantly)
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas/information by means of the spoken word (Frequently)
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sound by the ear (Frequently)
- Tasting/Smelling: (Occasionally)
- Near Vision: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (Constantly)
- Far Vision: Clarity of vision at 20 feet for more (Constantly)
- Depth Perception: Three-dimensional vision; ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are (Constantly)
- Vision: Color - The ability to identify and distinguish colors (Constantly)
- Employee is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions
- Well lighted, climate controlled areas (Frequently)
- Outdoor weather conditions (Occasionally)
- Wet or humid conditions (not weather related) (Occasionally)
- Extreme cold (not weather related) (Occasionally)
- Extreme heat (not weather related) (Occasionally)
- Dust, fumes, gases (Occasionally)
- Moving mechanical parts (Occasionally)
- Potential electric shock (Occasionally)
- Prolonged exposure to vibration (Occasionally)
- High pitched noises/loud noises (Occasionally)
- Unprotected heights (Occasionally)
- Frequent repetitive motion (Constantly)
- CRT (Computer Monitor(s)) (Constantly)
- Travel in and around office surroundings and job sites out of doors
- Based on assigned tasks, employee may be assigned a company vehicle requiring the applicable driver's license