PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Works with:
- Product management to understand project requirements and scope
- Designers to develop 3D models in SolidWorks and drawings in order to develop new products
- Controls Engineering to develop controls requirements and assist in the development of new firmware by assisting in testing.
- Production to understand design capabilities in order to design products that can be made and built within Watts.
- Sustaining Engineering to review and release designs to production.
- Applied Research to understand new technologies that may need to be developed as well as how to incorporate new developments into design.
- Develops and Supports Design by:
- Creating 3D Models in SolidWorks to verify designs using CFD and FEA tools as well as create models and drawings that can be released to production.
- Overseeing the creation of Prototypes and Engineering Validation units
- Planning and executing testing of designs using a hands-on approach as well as interacting with staff in the Engineering Test Facility to oversee testing where applicable.
- Design for industry compliance using engineering principles, company standards, industry standards (UL, ANSI, ASME), DFMA, etc in order to meet product requirements.
- Assisting in the Product Validation to ensure product is being built to engineering documentation and overseeing and updating drawings with design team based upon findings during the PV process.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- BS degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering is required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 8+ years of engineering experience with design and development experience preferred
- An understanding of HVAC industry and combustion preferred.
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office
- Experience using 3D CAD software (SolidWorks preferred) with the ability to read engineering drawings
- Good interpersonal skills with a team mindset
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Able to communicate effectively both through verbally and written
- Must be able to work autonomously and liaise effectively with colleagues in many other departments
- Experience working with a variety of components including castings, molded plastic, sheet metal, fabricated parts, etc.
- Ability to determine what instrumentation needs to be used and how to read lab instrumentation
- Travel required 10% or less
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; carry up to 25 pounds; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The position is approximately 50% office duties and 50% working in a manufacturing and test facility environment
- Extended time sitting in front of a computer screen.
- Involves walking, standing, bending the neck and waste, squatting, twisting at the neck and waste, simple grasping, pushing and pulling, reaching above and below the shoulder level and lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds.
- The position may also include walking on uneven ground, being exposed to noise, temperature and/or humidity, dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals that may require the utilization of Personal Protection Equipment.