The Rapid Implementation Team is the newest segment of the growing this company's Boots Alliance Procurement Team. The roles within this team will focus primarily on the execution of game changing procurement initiatives aimed at driving optimal value through the organization. Leaders in this role will look beyond traditional procurement practices, helping the organization challenge the status quo to identify breakthrough programs, significantly impacting the value brought to the organization by the Procurement Team. This role will be responsible for executing and implementing innovative procurement strategies across the organization for indirect goods and services with consistent exposure to the organization’s senior leadership.
Leads and/or supports the execution, the development and the ongoing management of procurement category strategies at a local, regional – and when appropriate a global level, to foster a portfolio of goods and services initiatives with a typical contract value of up to three (03) million dollars (USD). The majority of this portfolio is regional and/or local in nature. In the case of global, high value initiatives, the Associate Category Manager will work in support of the Group Category Lead and/or Category Manager to ensure the successful completion of the effort.
The Associate Category Manager works with stakeholders (functional, procurement and supplier), to execute strategy and tactics for procurement category and initiatives and, where applicable and appropriate, ensures ongoing management of supplier contracts and relationships.This job comprises of four key activities:
- Procurement category strategy
- Sourcing of goods and services
- Procurement-led change
- Contract management
• Manages day-to-day on-going category supplier relations and seeks out growth or revision opportunities within supply base. Acts as the internal point of contact for supplier management and complaint resolution; conducts regular supplier meetings and implements improvement strategies with suppliers. Creates, nurtures, and enhances supplier relationships.
• Under the direction of Category Manager, develops and implements category sourcing strategies, including development and implementation of RFI’s and RFP’s, documents bid events through correspondence to suppliers; develops selection criteria; conducts supplier negotiations and ongoing supplier management.
• Assists with development and implementation of business plans, performance goals and metrics for each assigned category. Collaborates with Operations, Legal, Supply Chain and others as needed on cross-functional sourcing opportunities. Regularly seeks ways to streamline business processes; researches and provides information on industry category trends and best practices.
• Collaborates on inventory control, including lifecycle of product, and assists in project management of all sourcing activities. Makes suggestions for opportunities to reduce product and service costs.
• Guides tracking and reporting for assigned spend areas; assists with tracking mechanics and supplier key performance indicators with Category Manager. Performs data analysis and modeling.
• Participates in weekly category review meetings with cross-functional teams to manage category performance.
• Assists with the management of category performance by adhering to internal Savings goals and reviewing financial models for commodity type items. Supports the balancing of spend portfolio for reoccurring managed spend through coordinated sourcing activities that leverage both Expanse and Capital work streams.
• Monitor supplier performance to ensure that delivery dates and technical and contractual requirements are met. Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers and business leaders to ensure implementation of defined strategies.
• Cultivates team morale, motivation, and loyalty through continuous training and mentorship, proving clear communication and constructive feedback.