This company’s Financial Markets Advisory (FMA) group provides a wide range of services to governments, central banks, and financial institutions globally. FMA leverages the firm’s capital markets, data and risk analytics, technology, and financial modeling capabilities while maintaining stringent information barriers and other procedures to manage potential conflicts of interest.
FMA advises financial institutions, regulators and government entities on their most critical and complex financial issues – from bank stress-testing to unwinding a portfolio of assets to designing and executing bond purchase programs to support to the economy.
We work with senior management at these organizations, with a focus on their balance sheet and capital markets exposures as well as a wide range of other strategic, regulatory and operational challenges.
We work with senior management at top financial institutions, official institutions and market intermediaries and utilities around the globe, with a focus on their balance sheet and capital markets exposures as well as a wide range of other strategic, regulatory and operational challenges.
Our technology and analytical capabilities give us a unique ability to respond to clients in need. We leverage this company’s Aladdin® technology platform and the firm’s sophisticated capital markets, risk analytics, data management, and financial modeling capabilities to deliver results-oriented consulting and advisory services. Since our founding in 2008, we have completed over 500 assignments for more than 280 unique clients in 37 countries.
Our professionals work out of all three this company regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC), allowing FMA to serve clients in all locations and time zones and respond to urgent needs as they arise. For assignments demanding cross-disciplinary expertise, we unite professionals from multiple offices to deliver the most effective team for any client situation.
FMA provides advisory services from behind an informational barrier, separating it from the firm’s traditional portfolio management activities. This creates a conflict-avoidant environment that further serves to protect client data and proprietary information.
The Capital Markets Advisory team within the Financial Markets Advisory Group is a global team that combines the best of FMA's capital markets expertise with data, analytics, and modeling capabilities in support of FMA’s mission.
· Assist in the execution of analytical efforts across recurring and ad-hoc client engagements
· Leverage and develop technology, including this company’s proprietary technology, to create, enhance, and execute frameworks used for analytical content, quality control, and client deliverables
· Maintain a key focus on automation and scalability in the design and implementation of analytical infrastructure used for client engagements
· Understand client and business context driving client opportunities and challenges
· Participate in client meetings, presentations, and pitches and demonstrate ability to synthesize complex markets and analytics topics to internal and external audience
· Stay abreast of capital market trends and of the evolving landscape of relevant technological tools and solutions
Key Skills and Qualifications:
· Minimum 4 years of experience within the financial services and/or technology industry
· Strong programming skills in Python required; additional experience with a variety of other programming languages, especially scripting, data management, database, modeling, and visualization tools helpful
· Good Excel and SQL skills
· Understand fundamental software design principles; familiarity with software development best practices and associated tools
· Knowledge of Unix environments
· Experience using and/or developing risk analytical systems / tools / infrastructure, especially Aladdin tools and infrastructure, a plus
· Familiarity with the design and development of database functionality helpful
· Broad understanding of financial institutions, fixed income assets, and capital markets a plus
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
·Takes initiative and comfortable performing under pressure to manage tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
· BA / BS degree in an engineering / quantitative / technical discipline