Application Security Advisor
- Reston, VA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At this company, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.Job Description
As a valued contributor to our team, you will apply extensive knowledge of principles, advanced techniques and theories while providing overall direction with technology products and processes; assessing enterprise functional needs and implementing technology solutions to support; defining strategic outlook; planning, directing, or coordinating operational activities of the unit with the help of subordinate executives and staff managersTHE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Information Security - Technology Management - Advisor role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
Qualifications THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Apply an understanding of strategic issues of importance to determine the functional technology needs impacting the success of portions of products or initiatives
- Manage the development, formulation, and implementation of new technology while coordinating simultaneous implementation tasks across teams.
- Identify appropriate resources to support projects and new initiatives.
- Establish best practices and guidelines for existing or new technologies.
Minimum Required Experiences
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Lead and provide guidance and act as security advisor to Application development team, Application Security Engineers and Analysts.
- Assist in the support of systems and tools supported by Secure Software development & Application Security
- Assist in building Knowledge Base, FAQs, and Process, as required by Secure SDLC
- Review static analysis results and provide secure practices guidance to development teams related to software security defects and assisting them with remediation.
- Experience in two or more of the following languages (Java, Perl, Python, C, C++, C++\CLI, C#, Objective C, Ruby)
- Experience with Web Applications, API, Web Services, and Service Oriented Architectures.
- Solid experience in AWS core services.
- Understanding of SAST, DAST, IAST, and their use in development pipelines.
- Understanding of different kinds of Authentications
- Knowledge of Access Management (OAuth and SAML)
- Strong analytical, documentation, and communication skills.
- Experience with the identification and remediation guidance of software security defects.
- Experience with common web frameworks.