Description of Responsibilities:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- The Candidate shall provide expert-level mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineering support to facilitate the design and maintenance of aerosol exposure equipment.
- The Candidate shall test and design new equipment, execute scientific studies, analyze data, and maintain laboratory equipment. Tasks include: Generate, characterize and sample biological aerosols to support pathogenesis and medical countermeasure studies against biothreat agents.
- Assist with SOP writing, revision and review to meet GLP requirements.
- Assemble, maintain and troubleshoot aerosol systems to support medical countermeasure studies.
- Perform and supervise biological decontamination procedures for Class III biosafety cabinets post-aerosol.
- Certify and maintain Class III biosafety cabinets IAW SOPs and GLP standards.
- Coordinate and collaborate with leadership to assist in the development and implementation of a division technical training program.
- Hold and maintain BPRP status IAW the provisions in this contract and applicable regulations.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Ability to meet BPRP program requirements
- BSL 2 experience Willingness to work in BSL 3-4
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP),
- Federal Drug Administration (FDA),
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) exposure/experience AutoCad experience
- BSL 3-4 experience
Bachelor’s of science in engineering (mechanical or biomedical engineering preferably) w/4 years’ experience in a laboratory/research setting