This company’s Audit Group is an independent global function responsible for providing assurance and advisory services covering all of Company’s businesses and operations. Audit is a critical component of this company’s control and risk management infrastructure. The group seeks to attract and develop best-in-class talent from multi-disciplinary backgrounds including asset management, finance, technology, risk management, accounting, and operations. Successful professionals in the group will demonstrate a strong understanding of the asset and risk management business, build strong working relationships with business partners, and deliver value added services which strengthen the risk and control environment.
This company’s US Audit Team is based in New York, Princeton, Atlanta, and San Francisco. Role Description:
The Internal Audit Vice President will be involved in various aspects of the Audit group’s risk assessment, assurance, and advisory activities, including audit planning and execution, and contributing to strategic initiatives. Areas of the business within the scope of this role will include investment and asset management, risk management, operations, finance, and compliance.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Skills and Experience:
- Management and leading the execution of audits (global and regional) in the aforementioned areas.
- Responsibilities include all aspects of the audit process (e.g. risk assessment; scope determination; test work; reporting).
- Primary Internal Audit business engagement responsibilities for one or more lines of business to discuss business performance, strategic priorities, and operational matters
- Identification and assessment of current and emerging risks, themes, and trends
- Assistance in the formation of the annual audit plan through direct input, insight and perspective around current business, industry, and regulatory risk factors
- Participation in global/cross regional audit related projects
- Leverage industry experience to provide advisory services during the development of new businesses and systems
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with all risk and control functions
- Interact with regulatory examiners upon request
- Administrative management responsibilities of audit staff
- Provide timely and candid feedback and coaching to staff
- Performing investigations, special reviews, and other ad hoc projects (technical and operational in focus)
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, economics, accounting, business management is preferred. BA/BS is required
- Professionals with strong and broad exposure to investment management, risk management, operations, finance, and compliance in the Asset Management industry
- Financial services experience is preferable; understanding of investment management products (ETFs; index funds; mutual funds; closed-end funds; etc.), corporate and risk management business processes, and risk and controls systems
- Aptitude towards investment and risk management, scenario analysis and problem solving
- Strong project management, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills; strong writing skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong quantitative skills
- Intellectual curiosity and healthy skepticism
- Commitment and strong work ethic
- Proficient understanding of current regulatory and industry events
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and business partners
- Preferred Qualifications: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or relevant certification
- Other Professional certifications such as CFA or CPA (or equivalent) are a plus