Industry leader in the retail pharmacy space is looking for a Senior Analyst, Financial Controls who will be responsible for updating process documentation and reviewing of key business processes and internal controls within their Retail Pharmacy USA Division.
This role assesses the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR). Performs ongoing testing of ICFR and ensures processes and/or businesses are in compliance with financial controls requirements, including Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”). Assists with remediation of open control deficiencies. Assists with SOX and other similar certification for assigned business processes within the Retail Pharmacy USA business.
- Assists with updating process documentation, including review and validation of key business processes and internal controls within the Retail Pharmacy USA business to ensure consistency with other company Divisions. Performs periodic quality reviews and liaisons with business owners to update documentation accordingly.
- Manages internal control testing plans across the business and IT processes . Ensures testing plans are executed within the agreed-upon timeline and updated to reflect issues identified during testing. Establishes additional controls as remediation.
- Leads sessions to discuss testing procedures and findings with process owners. Partners with the process owners to develop remediation plans to address internal control deficiencies and failures arising from the testing process. Oversees the implementation of identified remediation tactics.
- Monitors processes to ensure changes impacting financial/regulatory reporting are appropriately identified and assessed.
- Provides progress updates to Financial Controls Managers and Director on process documentation status, control testing and deficiency remediation.
- Assists with the quarterly SOX certification and other monthly certification exercise and provides updates to senior management on the status. Participates as needed to interview process owners and leaders in the Divisional functions to ensure that all certification qualifications are assessed and addressed accordingly.
- As appropriate, assists the Financial Controls Managers and Director with other key audit priorities, including risk assessment, deficiency evaluations, certifications, and Letter of Representation.