At this company, we are creatively and disruptively solving some of the most complex database problems related to immense growth, scaling, extremely high performance, and high availability requirements. Do these types of challenges excite you?
This company is seeking talented database engineers who will innovate and engineer solutions around database technology. We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about applying bold new ideas to solving real-world data problems. Candidates must be able to translate customers' needs and use cases into technical innovation and robust engineering solutions on both on-prem and cloud infrastructure. The Database Engineering team is actively engaged in the ongoing database engineering process, partnering with development groups, and providing deep subject matter expertise to feature design. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS, Preferred
- Deep knowledge and experience designing and maintaining PostgreSQL relational databases
- Experience migrating databases from commercial engines to PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with AWS Services (EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, DMS etc.)
- Experience building and maintaining complex mission-critical production database systems
- Systems engineering experience, including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, clusters and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths)
- Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability
- Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
- Awareness of emerging technologies and approaches in IT
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (shell, Python, Perl).
- Coding skills in the procedural language for at least one database engine a must (PL/SQL, T-SQL etc.)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience engineering, administering and managing multiple relational database flavors (e.g. Oracle, SQLServer, PostgreSQL)
- Proven track record of automating tasks
- Root cause analysis of production-related database issues
- On-call for production databases - daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer and dev support
- Excellent SQL and DB performance tuning skills.
- Working with one or more streaming platforms, such as Apache Kafka, Spark Streaming, Storm, or AWS Kinesis
- Track record of engineering performance and availability solutions
- Exposure to cloud environments and architectures
- experienced in various Clustering and Sharding architectures
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business / Management Information Systems or related field
- Typically minimum of 6 years - Professional Experience In Coding, Designing, Developing And Analyzing Data. Typically has an advanced knowledge and use of two or more opposing front / back end languages / technologies from the following but not limited to; two or more modern programming languages used in the enterprise, experience working with various APIs, external Services, experience with both relational and NoSQL Databases