Position can be located anywhere - not required to be in Cleveland, OH. ABOUT THE JOB
As subject matter expert, provide advice, consultation services and training to the Merchant, Integrated Payments and other associated businesses on operational risk program management topics, including all activities associated with LOBs risks, controls, testing, remediation, loss analysis, key risk indicators, reporting, policy and procedure development.
Perform oversight activities and assume responsibility for discouraging actions that may expose to this company and its affiliates to losses, regulatory or reputation risks, or to risk levels that exceed desired risk appetite through its business activities.
The position is responsible for ensuring operational risk program management consistent with this company's Operational Risk Policy and Program requirements, and that business activities are managed within this company's Operational Risk Management appetite.
Additionally, this position is responsible for the oversight of operational risk identification and mitigation in the Enterprise Payments and Analytics business, which includes providing specialized guidance to business units for payments policy & procedure updates; providing oversight on current and emerging legal, regulatory, and operational risk issues; monitoring and measuring operational risk performance; and reviewing and challenging of strategy, control design, implementation, testing, and remediation for Enterprise Payments and Analytics.
The qualified candidate must be able to work independently and use sound judgment taking into consideration risk tolerances of the assigned LOB and this company's overall. This role reports directly to the SVP and Senior Director of Enterprise Payments Operational Risk. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Drive strategic direction and focus areas for second line oversight of Enterprise Payments and Analytics relationships across risk disciplines
- Develop and lead Operational Risk strategies for Enterprise Payments (legacy Treasury Management) products inclusive of ACH, Wires, Real Time Payments, Remote Deposit, Image Cash Letter, Lockbox and Integrated Receivables.
- Actively participate in a robust review and challenge process with LOBs on their Risk & Control Self Assessments and overall performance.
- Analyze and provide feedback to LOBs on action/remediation plans to address control gaps, any regulatory process gaps to ascertain that operational, legal, regulatory, and reputation risks are being properly managed and mitigated.
- Assist LOBs and other corporate initiatives to reduce operational risk losses.
- Assist LOBs to develop relevant and measurable key risk indicators.
- Develop corporate control standards for the Analytics functions within this company.
- Effectively and professionally interact with senior management, regulatory agency personnel, internal legal counsel, internal risk review personnel as well as operational/compliance peers.
- For assigned LOBs, become the subject matter expert (SME) on operational risk and control matters (and compliance as assigned) by developing/maintaining strong positive working relationships with LOBs, staff, peers, other risk partners and senior management and by attending LOB meetings to develop a deeper understanding of business activities and trends.
- Maintain subject matter expertise on laws, regulations, standards and industry practices impacting supported lines of business in accordance with the Operational Risk Policies, assist and provide feedback to LOBs around development/monitoring of risks, controls, testing, remediation and reporting of significant risk and control issues.
- Monitor quarterly testing results to deadlines and perform more complex risk monitoring activities as assigned.
- Participate in (and in certain situations lead operational risk related projects, initiatives, working groups or other tasks as assigned to meet team objectives.
- Perform risk data analysis and/or develop customized reporting as requested.
- Proactively works with assigned business unit management to identify and assess the operational risks associated with business activities, ensuring alignment with the Corporate Operational Risk Framework.
- Provide authoritative and consultative advice and support to management and employees (client management) utilizing independence yet providing pro-business solutions. Interact with more senior level clients within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (equivalent experience may be considered)
- 5+ years of experience in payments and analytics or equivalent functions
- 5+ years of operational risk management, audit, operations, or project management or equivalent experience, strongly focused on process design, development, risks and controls
- Applicable certifications such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with regulatory agencies, guidelines and requirements
- Strong ability to work with all levels of management within the company
- Experience working/managing projects across multiple functional areas and dealing with multiple business partners
- Experience working on initiatives that require strategic planning/thinking
- Flexibility to switch priorities based on the needs of the company in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to grasp complex processes quickly and be able to identify risks and compensating controls
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and results oriented; able to make decisions independently
- Proven ability to work as a team
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others
- Sound understanding of compliance and operational risks and internal control frameworks
- Strong analytical/research skills coupled with ability to effectively summarize findings
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to change and communicate changing requirements
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient PC skills with experience in Microsoft Office, Outlook and MS Teams