This company is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, this company is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Senior Systems Analyst supports business applications, including maintenance, new development and problem solving to provide the company with a reliable set of business applications designed to facilitate the information needs of this company’s business units.
- With limited direction, configures software or creates/modifies software code to meet business requirements; creates and executes test plans for software modifications and facilitates transfer into production
- Writes software documentation suitable for internal systems control and user manuals; develops and provides one-on-one or small group user training
- Confers with customers and team members to determine requirements; designs business application systems that address and solve corporate business needs
- Estimates system configuration and development efforts for self
- Functions as a task leader on large projects and/or project leader on small projects; coordinates resources, milestone schedules and related communication; responsible for delivery of an assigned scope of work
- Uses standard team/department methods and processes to complete work; assists in developing methods and processes when required
- With limited direction, leads and/or assists team members and customers with problem solving related to software application performance and usage
- Participates in and supports disaster recovery initiatives and change management standards and procedures; assists in developing standards and procedures when required
- Supports Evaluation of make vs. buy system alternatives under general direction; maintains awareness of current technologies and trends; assimilates new technology into company work environment
- Develops technical and business proficiency through education and work assignments; demonstrates practical application of learning and actively shares knowledge across functional area
- Provides 24-hour on call support, including evenings and weekends
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by Manager
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies
- Bachelor’s degree (or its foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, a Business discipline or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Solid understanding of the Procure to Pay business processes is required.
- Apparel and Footwear Industry experience preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in SAP MM and integrated modules such as SD, LE and FI.
- Experience with SAP AFS, SAP FMS or S/4 Fashion preferred
- Experience conducting business requirement workshops, creating business process documentation and process mapping, as well as functional specification documents.
- Ability to proactively identify issues/calculate risk and either resolve or escalate to the appropriate level of visibility.
- Experience with SAP ABAP development and Debugging preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead small projects
- Strong analytical, problem solving, priority setting, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate independently, as part of a team, and leading small teams on fixed deliverables
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presenting experience.