GAAPS Alternatives-Private Credit | Product Oversight| Princeton, NJ or Wilmington, DE
Are you an alternative investment accounting or product development professional searching for a rewarding and dynamic opportunity with the world's largest asset manager? Do you pride yourself on building positive relationships, working alongside of business partners and bringing unique product/client solutions to fruition? Look no further.
This company’s Global Alternative Operations team is pursuing a Vice President of Product Oversight supporting our Private Credit business to become part of our team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you freedom to grow professionally and as an individual.
We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At this company, we strive to enable our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services enable millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
Our Product Oversight team partners with this company's Alternative Investments (BAI) Businesses, Client Sales, Global Alternative Operations (GAO), Legal and Product Tax teams alongside of our clients to deliver new products and private investment solutions that balance investor needs with operational scale/control.
As a Vice President of Product Oversight you will be supporting this company’s expanding Private Credit business. You will serve as the end-to-end product operations subject matter authority, including understanding detailed product operations, accounting and reporting needs and capabilities.
Responsibilities for this role include:
To ensure success, you will have the following qualifications:
- Working closely with Private Credit and Client Sales to execute new product launches and other product life cycle events
- Participation in selection and engagement of external service providers for the Private Credit funds
- Participating in product pipeline calls and new product committee approval meetings
- Coordinating operational execution of new product launches
- Leading implementation of other product life cycle events (e.g. reporting enhancements, new share classes, fee changes)
- Assessing operational readiness prior to product launch or implementation
- Collaborating with Private Credit and other partner teams on key product terms
- Reviewing Fund documents, term sheets and side letters and coordinating GAO team comments and resolution
- Crafting operational solutions for non-standard product elements or client requests
- Analyzing product economics, operating expenses and resource needs
- Raising non-standard product elements or terms to ensure favorable economic solutions are achieved and operating risks are mitigated
- Coordinating support model and communication of product events across various GAO teams
- Maintaining and reporting on the product pipeline
- Participating in client operational due diligence meetings and coordinating responses to RFIs
- Attending fund board meetings (as applicable) and assisting with materials
- Coordinating internal management reporting and business requests
- BS/BA degree in finance/ accounting, CPA a plus
- 8+ years' experience in the fields of operations, accounting and/or administration with a particular focus on private credit and other alternative investment funds
- Broad knowledge of alternative product operations including alternatives systems, legal structures and fund types, global jurisdictions, investor reporting, financial and regulatory reporting, fee/carried interest calculations, capital activities including subsequent close concepts and private investment processing
- Experience engaging with 3rd party service providers including fund administrators, custodians, and depositories
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Experience interacting with investment/sales teams and a range of other partner groups to drive solutions
- Ability to run effective cross-functional meetings
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and planning skills, including the ability to multitask
- Ability to lead projects and work in a dynamic evolving environment with the expectation of meeting client and business goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work and deliver results independently; a self-starter
This company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.