Job Title: Specialist, Project Manager, Global Clearing & Settlements and Listed Trade Operations / Bank DebtDepartment: Middle Office Clearing & Settlements and Bank Debt Global Operations Summary:
The job involves leading a team working for this company, a Global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. The position requires good experience and back ground in financial markets and back office functions Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with knowledge of middle office, clearing/settlements. Knowledge of Bank Debt operations will be a huge plus.
- Understanding of all processes related to daily trade break resolution for all listed products - equities, and fixed income\bonds
- Liaison between clients, vendors, prime brokers, exchanges and counterparties to ensure efficient completion of projects from start to end.
- Manage, facilitate, and document all projects for the Clearing and Settlements and Bank Debt Teams.
- Preparation of presentation materials for various meetings and ability to lead and present.
- Understanding of trade posting processes and systems.
- Work with multi-functional teams to bring ideas to fruition – coding, testing, production deployment in a way commensurate with SDLC practices.
- Cross train and understand all areas within Clearing and Settlements and Bank Debt.
- At the direction of senior management, responsible for the successful implementation and interpretation of plans, policies and procedures for operations business.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Experience in exchange traded securities settlement operations is required. Additional experience with Bank Debt Operations is not needed, but will need to be learned.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures, thorough understanding of financial markets and instruments as well as the settlement of them.
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word (or related software), and experience with working in a database.
- Experience with OASYS Global, Central Trade Manager is needed, and Wall Street Office (WSO) preferred.
- Excellent English, grammar, written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of settlement procedures, financial markets and instruments preferred.
- Bachelors degree required
- CFA (or similar certification) an advantage, but not required.