Medical Center is looking for a Manager for the Center for Blood Disorders and Stem Cell Transplantation (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) Seattle, WA.
The manager functions as both the service line administrator and as manager of daily operations for the Center. He/she is responsible for assisting in the development and the execution of system strategies and operational activities with the hematologic malignancies and stem cell transplantation service line to include the provision of novel effector cell therapy.
In this position you will:
- Work with directors, managers, peers and staff to plan and implement concepts, which promote “Best Practice” across the Cancer Institute and company's spectrum.
- Utilize personal skills to manage self and others to effectively achieve goals and meet timelines.
- Work within contractual and budgetary boundaries to effectively staff department while maintaining a culture of safety. Hires, disciplines, and terminates staff.
- Using leadership, creativity, positive attitude, and a high level of interpersonal skills, collaborate with Medical Oncology staff to improve quality and support clinical “Best Practice.” Work with all employees of the company's departments to utilize resources effectively.
- Manage KRONOS, staff overtime and dependability. Analyze, modify and implement new concepts to achieve improvement.
Required Qualifications in this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or other related Health Sciences Management
- Minimum of 5 years healthcare experience.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory or management experience.
- Experience in Foundation for Accreditation of Cellular Therapy accreditation process and participation with the Center for International Bone Marrow Transplant Registry (CIBMTR) as well as the Association for Bone Marrow Transplant (ASBMT).
- Experience with revenue cycle, process improvement and change management models.
Preferred Qualifications in this position include:
- Master's Degree in Health Care Administration