This company’s Global Technology Services Department within our Digital Media segment is currently seeking a Sr Software Engineer.
The work location is office based in Boston or can be remote in the United States in CST or EST. This role will be part of larger team developing a centralized application for our suite of Public Relations and Digital Media solutions. These solutions not only reach and engage media, investors, employees and key stakeholders and allow our customers to gain actionable insights into the performance of their business communications, but also broadcast high-profile client webcasts.
This company represents over 3,000 companies worldwide, with 63% being Fortune 500 companies.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with our technologies or similar ones, will be self-motivated, and driven to achieve. The right person will thrive in a fast-paced, yet flexible work environment and be a strong communicator, self-starter and team player. Candidates with Drupal 9 experience will be highly considered.
The Sr Software Engineer will lead and participate in complex software projects in order to develop technical solutions and services which are cost effective and meet the needs of the company. Lead the development of software solutions that translate into high-quality, maintainable, secure, and efficient code that follows established development guidelines.
· Define project requirements by meeting with management and end users to gain a thorough understanding of software projects
· Provide consultative advice and guidance to project team on Enterprise and individual Business Unit (BU) software capabilities and interactions
· Analyze and review functional and performance requirements to support design architecture, providing alternative architectural solutions as necessary
· Ensure a thorough understanding of entire application, its usage, technical architecture, and functionality by project team, end user and management
· Continually keep up-to-date on new products, development tools, industry trends, and methodologies for incorporation into software platforms
· Participate in activities throughout the entire software development life cycle providing consultative advice and direction to development team
· May code program based on system enhancements, modification requests, or new design specifications
· Lead and participate in the activities involved in developing a comprehensive and logical test plan for systems using appropriate tools to ensure established standards are utilized
· May develop and provide documentation in support of obtaining patents, working with appropriate legal staff to ensure all necessary steps are taken
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, or a related field required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
Experience: Minimum five years increasingly responsible programming experience using a standard coding language and/or platform required. Minimum four years’ experience writing detailed program designs for medium to large sized projects preferred. Project management experience preferred.
· 5+ years LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and object-oriented PHP)
· 5+ years developing Drupal applications, including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems · Implement experiences that integrate front-end experiences with backend services via JSON web services.
· Drupal 8/9 experience with front end and back end development of custom modules.
· Proven ability to conceptualize and develop standards-compliant, cross-browser web applications utilizing Web 2.0 technologies, jQuery, AJAX.
· Strong skills with database architecture and design, optimization and development
· Excellent debugging skills; able to debug complex technical issues involving multiple system components
· Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple-tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
· Experience advocating for and using new technology to build applications of the future
· Experienced in TDD (Test Driven Development)
· Experience building secure web applications a plus – user authentication, role-based access control, 3-tier architectures, DB/file encryption, input validation techniques
· Familiarity with well-known security vulnerabilities and ability to address such vulnerabilities.
· Familiarity with performance analysis of a web application
· Experience with SAFe methodology preferred
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering
· Experience writing code in Python