Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT organization. Participates in the definition of software architecture to ensure that the IT organization's software solutions are built within a consistent framework and aligned to strategy. Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other teams. Assigned complex undertakings that regularly require the application of autonomous judgment. Receives work in short– and mid- term outcomes and operates within the context of approved methods.
• Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT/Engineering organization. Participates in the definition of IT/Engineering architecture to ensure that the IT/Engineering organization’s solutions are built within a consistent framework.
• Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
• Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software development engineering personnel on a range of software design issues.
• Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
• Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical resources.
• Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
• Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
• May perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.