Job description Orlando, FL
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Statement in red is for computer tech.
This company’s Mission-Critical Technologies Government Services Division is looking for a candidate to be responsible for maintaining and operating a computer system and/or network. Candidate will be charged with installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. Candidate will be expected to work with a spirit of cooperation and must exhibit a tenacious work ethic while possessing the drive and critical thinking to excel in potentially tumultuous conditions.
How about this?
This company’s Mission-Critical Technologies Government Services Division is looking for a senior-level accountant to perform the monthly closing of its books and assist the Controller in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and other financial reports.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At our core, this company employees are driven by innovation. We are leaders in the advanced global commercial and government communications market. A career at this company enables you to design, develop, produce and market innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. You will facilitate and enhance the way people, businesses, and governments communicate around the world.
This company's Mission Critical Technologies is a leading provider of mission critical solutions to government and civilian agencies with a focus on C4ISR solutions using any type of network, whether mobile, fixed, static, terrestrial, marine, airborne or in space. In order to help our customers, combat a growing number of cyber-attacks on their systems, we provide training and certification and vulnerability compliance assessment. This company's designs, develops, produces and markets innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. We are technology leaders in the markets that we serve and conduct our business through Government solutions. Our market segments consist of: Tactical Communications, Space & Component Technology, Mobile Datacom, and Cyber Security Solutions.
Senior Accountant assists the Accounting Manager and Controller in the organization's accounting and finance functions and contributes to the development and maintenance of financial reporting.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Review and complete monthly financial packages for several divisions.
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash reports.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Manage Inventory process
- Maintain Fixed Asset ledger
- Prepare invoices
- Communicate internal issues and recommendations to Accounting Manager and Controller.
- Review project set up in Costpoint.
- Ability to resolve escalated issues arising from operations that requires coordination with other departments.
- Support MCT business unit's entity-wide compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, including requisite documentation compliance.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with Federal Government cost and pricing requirements in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and subject to audit by Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA).
- Provide support as needed to Department for the Incurred Cost submissions.
- Provide support on forward pricing rates agreements, provisional billing rates and disclosure statement.
- Help to review, assess, and document department processes and procedures to ensure appropriate compliance.
- Special departmental assignments and/or projects as assigned.
- Any additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze, research, disseminate, and make recommendations on multiple projects at one time.
- Keen analytical ability and detail oriented.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Self-starter with good personal organizational skills; ability to manage execution of multiple projects.
- Must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
- Must be able to keep information confidential as required.
- Must have minimal unscheduled absenteeism.
- Must be able to work on weekends & nights when required.
- College graduate, Accounting degree preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in all aspects of accounting.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Experience with Government contracting including Delivery based, Milestone based, Cost Plus, Time & Materials, and recurring services FFP contracts preferred.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint REQUIRED, (The company's core systems are Deltek's Costpoint ERP, Deltek Time and Expense for timekeeping, Concur for expense reports, TM-1 for report-writing, and SharePoint for workflows.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills preferred.
- Current government contract accounting knowledge; including CAS compliance, billing, pricing and billing rates, incurred cost submission and DCAA audit experience preferred.
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to work with numerous different groups in a large organization.
Physical Requirements: Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at keyboard or workstation.
This company offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and flexible paid time off options, for eligible employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account
- STD, LTD, Supplemental Life insurance and AD&D
- Comprehensive 401k plan and Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation, Personal and Sick time
- 10 paid holidays
- Bereavement and jury duty leave