GAAPS Alternatives | Vice President/Director Valuations | Princeton
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that promotes positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At this company, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
This company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Team Overview This company's Data Services (BDS) is entrusted with maintaining all data integral to the investment decision process, for this company the Investment Manager and its BlackRock Solutions (BRS) business, in our proprietary Aladdin® end-to-end investment platform. BDS closely partners with teams, such as Portfolio Management, Global Capital Markets, Relationship Management, Portfolio Compliance, Risk Analytics, Regulatory Reporting, and others, to ensure their business data needs are met accurately, timely, and efficiently.
The BDS philosophy is anchored on this company’s cornerstone principles: Innovation, Fiduciary focus, Passion for Performance, and the unified purpose of One of this company. Through that lens, we seek to build value for our clients by understanding their needs, the markets, and using technology to build best in class solutions. BDS has presence across 12 offices in 8 countries, servicing more than $17 trillion in AUM on Aladdin for BlackRock and BRS clients spanning 6 continents and all spectrums of the financial markets
The Private Valuation Team within BDS supports the investment valuation function for private, illiquid investments acting as the interface between the investment professionals, external valuation providers, accounting outsource providers, auditors, and Global Fund Services. The team focuses on adding value by providing valuation oversight and coordination of valuations and supporting documentation.
- Oversee team members in preparing valuation documentation for private equity, private debt and other alternative investments.
- Help drive the team process during monthly and quarterly cycles
- Manage workflow of data to 3rd party valuation firms; working with investment teams to ensure all relevant information is incorporated into valuations.
- Provide high quality client service externally and internally. Address inquiries, perform controls, problem solve, and mitigate risks.
- Initiate and help drive platform and process innovations to support fast-growing business needs, minimize risk, improve quality, and navigate the changing markets.
- Review and tie out of valuation templates received from third party service providers. Communicate any comments and coordinate sign off in coordination with Investment, Pricing and Fund Administration teams.
- Review legal documents to establish rights associated with new securities purchased.
- Prepare materials to be provided to the Valuation Committee and presenting findings to Pricing Committees and other management as necessary.
- Liaison with independent auditors. Provide support for valuations and answer questions as necessary in a controlled and efficient manner.
- Perform a review of fair value reporting provided by underlying managers and Co-Investment sponsors.
- Operate as part of a global team
- Bachelor's degree is required, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 4 to 8 years relevant experience, private investment valuation experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of ASC 820 and IFRS 13, familiarity with PWERM, OPM, and Current Value valuation techniques preferred.
- Ability to work with and handle financial data and build summarized reports
- Experience building, testing and implementing valuation models.
- Natural standout colleague able to work in an innovative, ambitious, and fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with agile critical thinking and a problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to quickly learn the intricacies of complex financial instruments.
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters, Interactive Data and MS Office Suite as well as SQL, Unix commands, PERL, etc. is an advantage.