Job description This role as an Inside Engineering Sales Rep in the Aftermarket Components Division is suited for an individual with both strong technical background and close attention to the customer’s needs. We are a closely integrated team that can manage technical engineering specifications and customer interaction equally well.
In this role, your specific customer is our network of channel sales partners, from whom we get opportunities to quote engineered components into the industrial base. We advise, act, and support that process with a deep internal team across this company to meet each customer’s needs. You will always have a strong support network on both sides of the quoting practice and sales.
This role is looking for someone with a dynamic skill in both engineered specification details and communicating with the channel partners. With that style and personality, you will find an open culture to grow your knowledge and abilities further, with opportunities to move into progressive roles in either engineering support or sales.
- Become a technical advisor and expert to the sales channel
- Engage customers proactively to sell, up-sell aftermarket parts opportunities
- Be accountable to aftermarket revenue and margin performance of assigned territory
- Review technical and commercial specifications
- Manage RFQ/quoting process and prepare proposals
- Process won orders from QTC into SAP and ensure compliance with original proposal
- Create, revise, enhance, and distribute aftermarket pricing catalogs
- Provide recommendations to distributor stocking levels
- Monitor orders in system for delivery status and utilize expeditor as needed
- Assist with engineering scope of work and pricing confirmation for orders
- Participate in night and weekend emergency phone coverage on a rotational basis
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Engineering or similar technical field
- Prior sales experience preferred
Certification/Other Skills and Abilites
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities of varying complexity
- Familiarity with SAP or other ERP system
- Familiarity with HVAC or cooling towers is desirable
- Familiarity with engineering documents and history is desirable