Exciting new opportunity as a SW DevOps Engineer I in the Omaha, NE area.
The Application Operations and Devops Engineer will join a team of energetic engineers who are involved in transforming the Application Development and Development Pipeline from one that is manually driven to a fully automated and secure one thus enabling the start of a DevOps culture in the Company. This will extend Software Development into Operations Monitoring and Support of Applications in a SaaS Environment.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with developers to design, implement, evolve and support applications in our secure and highly-available, multi-tenant platform.
- Experience administering Docker, Kubernetes & Openshift.
- We take pride in the continuous delivery of high-quality, scalable and maintainable applications and infrastructure.
- Bridge and Own the union between development, quality, security and operations.
- Own systems administration and the pipeline from software development to production.
- Be passionate about the security, quality and uptime of the systems that power our platform’s infrastructure, as well as all aspects of configuration management and automation – from the code repos though deployment, to production uptime.
- DevOps Blueprint/Cookbook Design, creation and execution.
- Responsible for maintaining/patching servers supporting SaaS products. This includes
- Windows Servers, Linux Servers running in in-house Datacenters and/or using cloud PaaS providers (AWS, Azure)
- Position responsible for performing application upgrades for multiple SaaS products.
- Develop / Monitor dashboards to detect problems related to application, infrastructure and potential security incidents on daily basis.
- Participate in Disaster recovery planning and execution
- Participate in Audit of working procedures and making changes to meet statutory regulations
- Work with a geographically distributed software engineering teams to support the applications
Qualification and Expectations
- 1+ years’ experience administering Docker, Openshift
- 1+ years’ experience administering Kubernetes.
- 1+ years’ experience deploying and supporting high traffic, scalable web applications/services
- 1+ years’ experience administering Linux (esp. Ubuntu), including shell-scripting & command-line tools
- 1+ years’ experience with cloud virtualization and PaaS
- 1+ years’ experience with Cloud Solutions
- Experience architecting, reviewing, and supporting complex, highly-available infrastructure
- Experience with orchestration, automation, and configuration management tools like git, Fabric and Ansible (or Puppet, Chef, or related technology)
- Excellent analysis, debugging, root-cause identification, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience managing application servers (nginx, apache, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Experience with administering relational databases in a production environment (esp. Oracle)
Skill, experience and interest in applying software development practices to systems administration
- Experience in using secured remote access tools (e.g. RDP, SSH/PuTTY) in managing Windows or Linux servers remotely
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Good to have SQL and Horton Dataworks database technologies
- A background in automating the management of a data center environment
- Experience in Java application troubleshooting tools (AppDynamics, Dynatrace etc.)
- Experience with IT Frameworks (COBIT / ITIL / PCI Data Center Requirements etc.)
- Experience with hardware or software-based firewalls, load balancers and proxy servers
- Experience with intrusion detection systems and network and server security hardening
- Excellent organizational skills
- Customer-service oriented with good written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules
- and an understanding of business initiatives.
- Critical attention to detail, thoroughness and documentation
- Providing rotational on-call support