Exciting career opportunity for a Assistant Medical Director / Clinical Pathologist -Lab Services in the Deland, FL area.
Company is dynamic, growing and entrepreneurial. Over the last decade, we set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we're poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join the Company’s Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally. You will join a growing, socially responsible business that strives to be the role model for American Healthcare. You will join a team of highly motivated individuals that engage with their head, heart, and hands to better serve the people of their community.
We currently seek a Clinical pathologist of Laboratory Services, a collaborative, experienced leader to provide leadership, direction, and planning for laboratory activities of hematology, chemistry, immunology, trace waters, and microbiology. Our laboratory does not have any blood bank and anatomic pathology services. This position is responsible for the quality, safety, service and improvement of patient experience and outcomes in partnership with the Laboratory Medical Director. The successful candidate is responsible for the operation of the clinical laboratory in compliance with state and federal regulations and accrediting agencies.
Here's what you can expect as a Clinical pathologist (Lab) at Company’s:
- Quality and Regulatory Surveillance
- Partner with our Medical Director of record as a technical consultant. Qualify to serve as the lab’s CLIA medical director of record if and when required by the business
- Ensure the laboratory has an effective quality management program whereby the laboratory testing systems provide quality services in all aspects of test performance (preanalytical,
- analytical, and post analytical)
- Ensure the development, review and approval of: quality process improvement initiatives / quality goals, objectives and indicators / quality assessment reports / resolution of non‐conformances / new test or instrument validation
- Serves as liaison between the lab and Company’s Kidney Care and other Company’s affiliates on
- Determine the schedule of testing, criteria for specimen collection and rejection, as well as methods for reporting results
- Selection of Referral Laboratories
- Review and approve all new and revised clinical policies and procedures prior to implementation and ensure timely availability and release to teammates
- Ensure the laboratory is enrolled in Proficiency Testing program or alternative assessment
- Sign PT attestation statement indicating the routine integration of the samples in the patient workload using the laboratory’s routine method
- Define PT alternative assessment procedures and the criteria for successful performance in accordance with good clinical and scientific laboratory practice
- Ensure that there is no PT specimen referral and no PT intra‐laboratory communication until after the deadline for submission
- Ensure the laboratory employs adequate numbers of appropriately educated, experienced, and trained personnel who accurately perform and report test results,properly supervise, and provide appropriate consultation in accordance with the defined written duties and responsibilities
Safety & Environment
- Provide input for a laboratory environment that meets the
- following criteria:
- Adequate and appropriate to the testing being performed
- Safe from physical, chemical, and biological hazards
- Meets the standards for safety and biohazard equipment
- Define and approve the laboratory’s biosecurity practices and levels of access appropriate to the laboratory setting
- M.D. or D.O. degree with American Board of Pathology in Clinical Pathology (CP or AP/CP) required
- Fellowship training in a clinical pathology sub‐specialty preferred
- 5-8 years of previous experience in clinical lab setting as pathologist
- Previous experience with Florida, California and/or New York laboratory regulations preferred
- Current Florida medical license or ability to obtain such license required
- Leadership of a multi-site operational business, ideally healthcare
- Philosophies that align with our core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun
- Travel 25%
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
• A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
• Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
• Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
• Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
• A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
• Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation. Enter text here