Exciting opportunity for a Assistant Controller in the Wilson, NC area.
- Autonomously leads the preparation of journal entries, month-end accruals, bank deposits, inter-company transactions and other transactional based activities
- Lead and assist the Controller in the month-end financial closing & reporting processes by ensuring financial results are reported timely and accurately
- Produces ad-hoc in-depth analyses as needed for review by management using enhanced data-driven insights that will influence overall business decision making.
- Analyze key accounts for reasonableness and ensure proper financial controls are in place and mitigate control deficiencies as needed.
- Assists with internal and external Auditor requests and audits.
- Drives accountability with business partners and factory personnel to ensure that critical processes, procedures and controls are followed
- Assist the Controller in preparing the annual budget and monthly forecast by incorporating key business strategies, return on capital investments and other KPI’s that drive factory performance.
- Assists and occasionally leads the Capital Funds Request (FR) Process by helping to prioritize plant capital investments leveraging IRR, NPV and payback.
- Ability to develop & maintain complex financial models capable of illustrating strategic initiatives to plant & corporate leadership.
- Provides advanced financial analysis including economic modeling, cash flow analysis, and concise financial reporting for large cross-functional innovation projects.
- Participates and occasionally leads cross-functional project teams within a manufacturing setting
- Continuously improve desk procedures and processes, including documentation, process mapping and efficiency improvements
- Contributes to the larger team while working autonomously to achieve individual objectives
- Maintains strong interactive relationships with plant and corporate business partners by listening, clarifying and responding effectively.