Guided by established corporate policies and procedures, establishes operating policies and procedures, and manages all phases of purchasing raw materials, production scheduling and control, and inventory control. Manages through the use of the SAP system. Manages warehouse function including shipping and receiving. Manages transportation functions with outside carriers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a manager, assures all plant safety/accident prevention policies are adhered to as stated in the employee handbook. This includes maintaining cleanliness in the warehouse area, maintaining a safe work environment and safe work practices, accident investigation when necessary, and ensuring any outside contractors adhere to Amcor policies and procedures in safety.
- Purchases certain raw materials including preforms, pallets, tier sheets, and top frames. May also be involved in the purchase of other materials and services from outside contractors such as truck cleaning and maintenance and forklift maintenance.
- May negotiate and set up new vendors and purchasing contracts when necessary. Can solicit quotations and find sources for improved products, lower cost, and faster delivery.
- Manages the warehouse function including receiving of raw materials, shipping of finished goods, and organizing of both in the warehouse area.
- Handles periodic physical inventory of raw materials and finished goods and reconciles actual usage as shown on SAP system. Generates inventory reports to Division as necessary.
- Manages transportation function and ensures on-time delivery of finished goods to customers through outside contractors.
- Monitors raw material consumption and develops plans to maintain production needs.
- Communicates with customers on complaints, problems, and concerns. May refer customer complaints relating to quality or production to appropriate management.
- Responsible for all other related duties as required by the Plant Manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Warehouse Supervisor, Materials Coordinator, Cycle Counter
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
Five years in a manufacturing environment.