Within the CFO Group, The Global Valuation Group (GVG) at this company provides valuation and independent price verification (IPV) support covering the Global Banking and Markets Business. This position will be covering Securitized Products, Credit Products, Distressed Credit, Commercial Real Estate, Municipals and Leveraged Finance, but not limited to these areas. GVG is a cross asset class group supporting the organizations Valuation Control and we value deep experiences across multiple products/sectors. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and enhance the quantitative methodologies for IPV and associated Fair Value and Prudent Valuation Adjustments
- Work closely with Traders, Market Risk, Model Risk Management, Front Office Quants, Product Controllers, and Senior Managers on Valuation related matters. Communicate complex valuation matters to Senior Management, Auditors, and Regulators.
- Leverage expert knowledge of financial markets, products, and quantitative background to critically evaluate the IPV results and support resolution of IPV differences..
- Define Fair Value Hierarchy classification and justification, i.e. create the framework for a given product, risk, or portfolio as appropriate.
- Support Front Office Model Governance through the review of model limitations and potential impact on Fair Value.
- Drive Operational Excellence and Innovation of Valuation Control processes:
- Implement systematic Valuation Control processes for specific products.
- Lead strategic projects supporting valuation analytics and architecture.
- Develop data analytics to better understand valuation uncertainty, independent data quality, liquidity, and trends.
- 10-15 years of valuation and financial modeling experience covering products in scope.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, documentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Possess intermediate-to-expert computer skills with MS Office, VBA, INTEX, Bloomberg API, and Programming in Python.
- BS/MS degree, ideally focused on a quantitative discipline (CFA, FRM a plus).
- Exhibit attention to detail, with ability to drill-down to elements of market structure and/or a position.
- Knowledge of quantitative model theory, valuation models and tools.
- Knowledge of accounting and regulatory standards such as ASC 820 and Prudential Valuation.
- Prior system design, development, and automation project experience working with stakeholders across functions and divisions.