Test Program ManagerQualification
Must Have Skills
Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent Responsibility
:Requirements Gathering / Total Requirements Study
- Review the requirements documents to ensure alignment in terms of signed off scope.
- Guide the team to identify the critical requirements / defect etc Seek clarifications on requirements.
- Assess and identify tools to meet the clients' requirements.
- Prepare L0 estimates (in terms of time and effort) based on requirement analysis.
- Implement the Risk based testing process if required, for Strategic , Large scale and Multi Year projects.
- Gather, Define and validate requirements (eg Non Functional Requirements Security, scalability etc).
- Understand the architecture and environment.
Project Proposal and Formalization
- Reach out to client stakeholders and document the KT plan including the artefacts, applications to be captured, milestones and process to be followed.
- Review the progress of KT, coverage and resolve issues if there are any deviations.
- Participate in reverse KTs, as required to ensure team preparedness.
- Review RFP received from internal teams the onsite team / Program Test Manager.
- Prepare time/effort estimates.
- Reach out to relevant stakeholders from other accounts to source best practices, solutions, credentials for non standard request.
- Seek review / signoff from senior stakeholders.
- Provide inputs on solution to BD team / vertical team based on RFP review for account specific RFPs Allocate / Create MSA and SOW for up to complex projects For large scale/ multi year projects seek review from senior stakeholders.
Test Planning, Design, Development & Execution
- Understand customer systems, test artifacts, tools etc.
- Analyze if the tools can be used / modified for the project.
- Identify new tools/ methodologies that can be used / modified to achieve efficiency.
- Understand painpoints and recommend solution to the client.
Test/ Project Closure
- Create / review the test strategy (that includes release date, type of testing, scope of the project, defects delivered, detail explanation of particular release, risk dependencies, critical defects, scheduling, volume of test data, exit and entry criteria, team structure roles and responsibility) as required.
- Create / review test plans.
- Seek review / signoff from internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Identify resource requirements.
- Prepare detailed estimates.
- Review test design created by team members.
- Provide sign off on test scenarios.
- Review test scripts / cases / data.
- Define the scripting standards.
- Review the workload.
- Review the test set up and test scripts/code created by the team.
- Monitor the test execution and review the test summary report.
- Clarify any major issues with the client and guide team to implement mitigation plans.
- Prepare and send weekly status updates.
- Set up defect triage meetings.
- Create solutions based on understanding of the industry pain points and review of different research sources.
- Design recommendation based on the analysis of the test summary report.
- Review daily/weekly metrics on schedule as prepared by the test lead.
- Create test closure reports and seek signoff from relevant stakeholders.
- Review recommendations report (that captures the recommendations made and their status) and share the same with the client.
- Analyze the root cause of defect leakage.
- Design an action plan to prevent the same in future.
- Perform gap analysis in order to deliver outputs as per the expected standards.
- Document the open performance issues for the next release.
- Document the lessons learnt and the best practices adopted for the next project.
- Validate recommendations by conducting reassessment post a certain period to check whether required results are met or not (for PACE).
- Identify resources to be staffed on the projects.
- Provide support in terms of resources, templates to ensure team preparedness.
- Conduct weekly review with Test Lead.
- Followup / review project health.
- Identify risks (eg Environment downtime, SLA breakdown).
- Identify mitigation strategies including escalating the issues to the relevant stakeholder to ensure resolution.
- Review deliverables across different phase STLC to ensure quality.
- Share project status.
- Provide estimates on revenue and resources.
- Review operational metrics.
- At the end of the project, review the entire project and identify areas of strength and improvement.
- Identify action items to ensure improvements and nonoccurrence of issues.
- Recommend approaches, tools and processes to the team.
Metrice Analysis & Reporting
- Conduct/ Participate in audit at various stages, as required.
- Review NCs and observations and monitor till closure.
- Nominate projects for audit on a regular basis.
- Provide inputs to the DAG to bring about process improvements (from an audit perspective).
- Plan ESA Budget and participate in Billing & Invoicing as applicableIf required, support client in meeting CMMI standards.
- Review daily / weekly metrics on schedule and any other deviations.
- Share metrics / SLA reports with customer either directly or through onsite team.
Defect Prevention/ Leakage Retrospection
- Prepare governance reports.
- Participate in governance meetings to address queries.
- Participate in status calls weekly/ monthly with internal / external stakeholders to review status, highlight issues, derive action points.
- Coordinate meetings to go over Defect Prevention / Leakage retrospection between the customer and execution team.
- Review Defect prevention plan and implementation status at defined intervals.
- Review the root cause analysis to identify reasons leading to defect leakage.
- Identify action plan to prevent the same in future.
- Provide QA signoff on UAT.
- Identify opportunities for innovation, tools and implementation of the best practices.
- Drive knowledge management by creating documents and monitoring updation.
- Train team on knowledge management new products and technologies.
- Organize bootcamps.
- Identify skills required / capabilities, identify training and organize for the same.
- Engage with new team members and induct them into teams / projects.
- Coach and mentor team.
- Set goals, gather feedback from team members and conduct appraisals.
- Identify and develop high performing members.
- Identify skill gaps and devise strategies to bridge the same.
- Drives Rewards and Recognition (eg recommend increments / promotions etc).
- Participate in recruitment of the new members, as required.
Good To Have Skills
- HP ALM
- Scrum Master
- Order to Cash Order Management
Technical SkillsSNo Primary Skill Proficiency Level * Rqrd./Dsrd.
1 QA/C PL4 Required
2 Rally PL4 Required
3 Scrum Master PL4 Desired
4 HP ALM PL4 Required
5 Agile PL4 Required
6 Jira PL4 Required
Domain SkillsSNo Primary Skill Proficiency Level * Rqrd./Dsrd.
1 Order to Cash Order Management NA Desired
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency Level Generic Reference
PL1 The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
PL2 The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.
PL3 The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.
PL4 The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.