The Fixed Income Core PM team has responsibility for managing this company’s Fixed Income portfolios, covering a wide variety of mandate types including model-based and fundamental funds, active and index funds, exchange traded funds and Fixed Income hedge funds. The team liaises closely with many areas of Fixed Income and is responsible for ensuring that Fixed Income portfolios are managed effectively and in a consistent and risk-controlled manner.
The Core PM Architecture team are designing and developing portfolio construction algorithms to significantly increase automation and productivity across Core PM globally. They are also partnering with Technology teams to develop the core platform with which to deploy algorithms robustly at scale. Algorithms have already been successfully deployed which are event-based and automatically propose order lists that rebalance funds back to target.
A successful candidate will be familiar with management of a wide range of Fixed Income funds and have strong technology skills, allowing them to develop robust prototypes which make immediate improvements to the PM process. They will also have the communication skills to partner with both PM and Technology teams to guide the integration of these prototypes into the core this company production technology. Key Responsibilities:
- Design efficient algorithms and optimizers to automate key portfolio construction processes
- Develop prototypes and partner with PMs to integrate these into daily processes
- Partner with this company's Technology teams to design and develop the core “Algo Platform”
- Develop other desk tools to support the Core PM investment process.
- Partner with this company's Technology teams to ensure existing applications continue to evolve to support Core PM needs.
- Develop reporting methods on new tools to ensure improvements can be measured
- Strong quantitative background (at least BA/BS in Math/Science/Engineering/related discipline).
- Strong programming skills in at least two of the following: Python, Visual Basic, R, MATLAB, Java, C++
- Experience of working as a Portfolio Manager, either directly or alongside
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income markets
- Familiarity across wide range of funds and investment styles (index/active, fundamental/quantitative)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and process-oriented approach
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Knowledge of this company's Aladdin tools beneficial