Defines the D&A technology agenda for the divisions and ensure it is included in the overall D&A portfolio and aligned with the divisional priorities. Contributes to the technology strategy definition and ensure the right capabilities are delivered to support the divisions. Responsible for implementing the strategic roadmap for Data & Analytics and develops the best solutions.
Responsible for implementing data management initiatives to improve data quality within WBA. Responsible for working cross-functionally in a collaborative manner within a matrix environment. Evaluates risk and provides solutions to mitigate the presented risks.
- Works closely with the Divisional CIO’s and business stakeholders to establish how to deliver the WBA D&A strategy. Partners with Microsoft to build Data and Analytics platform in Azure that covers customer and operational data. Executes the strategy and global migration from current WBA data sources to the new Platform. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Executes on H1 Enterprise Data Analytics strategies and plans. Proactively addresses problems a cross functional areas of the business. Builds the formal frameworks and methodologies for approaching major strategic issues and creating new innovative concepts across the Enterprise for area of expertise.
- May counsels key stakeholders on area of expertise. Partners cross-functionally to translate and define business needs for area of responsibility to execute against.
- Ensures process and structural fit with key stakeholders. Performs as a focal point for cross-functional teams and liaison to stakeholders in developing and implementing frameworks. Develops effective working relationships with stakeholders to achieve targeted goals and/or solutions.
- Executes the strategy to sunset WBA’s legacy D&A platforms, including but not limited to Netezza, TeraData, Abacus.
- Strategically partners cross-functionally to develop the actionable roadmap to meet goals. Works with key shareholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations. Contributes to ensuring the correct Data & Analytics technology organization is developed to support the divisional needs.
- Uses technical knowledge to contribute to the governance of technology choices. Applies broad knowledge of D&A capabilities. Conducts technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Manages the portfolio of activities to deliver D&A capabilities to the divisions.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for specified area of responsibility. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Delivers presentations and provides reports for the business to provide best practice information which may include industry trends, methodologies, new tools, and processes. Serves as subject matter expert in one or more areas.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Works with external vendors and third parties to develop and maintain positive relationships. Builds and enhances internal and external partnerships. May establish and manage a broad range of internal/external relationships for the support of the technical aspects of the specified area of responsibility
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.