The Platform Enablement Director is accountable for establishing and leading a team of Platform Engineers. This role implements key enablers to increase the efficiency of change and innovation to ensure that the platform can scale rapidly to support growth.
This role works closely with technology stakeholders to build a culture of DevOps and industry best practices across the organization. Builds Platform operational capabilities to ensure cloud consumption and the value-created by the solutions can be justified and commensurate to value delivered. Builds cloud and platform automation for monitoring and optimization of data pipelines, deployments, and data models that increase resource usage efficiencies.
Primary function of this role includes
- Leading the design and implementation of platform technologies to support applications, creating a set of measures to ensure quality and control of engineering capability and performance
- Reducing/removing bottlenecks in the platform ecosystem and building run ops transitioning capabilities for smooth transition to steady state.
- Contributing to the design, build and operational management of a highly scalable, and available platform
- Partnering closely with Global Security to ensure platform is secure against new and emerging threats.
- Leads the design and implementation of technologies to support applications.
- Partners cross—functionally across the organization and closely where and when needed.
- Oversees and manages vendors, vendor contracts and appropriate SLAs.
- Works with key stakeholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Applies broad knowledge of capabilities and environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging opportunities. Conducts technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for the specified area of responsibility. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.