This company's procurement function is strengthening its future-ready operating model to accelerate serving our customer with sustainable packaging solutions through digitalization over the next 5 years. The Digital Procurement Lead will develop the vision and drive the functional digital strategy to transform procurement’s operating model through the implementation and adoption of digital solutions across all our processes and ways of working, including new technologies.
This position will lead the process (re)design and blueprint of procurement processes where necessary, creating an end-to-end Digital Procurement suite across strategic sourcing, contract lifecycle management, e-sourcing, indirect procurement as well as core procurement transactional processes. This position will lead the Global Supplier enablement process utilizing the Ariba P2P module and the Ariba network platform.
The lead will be responsible for working directly with the 3rd party technology platform providers and other internal business partners to manage the scope and deliverables of the enablement process. Leadership and communication with all levels of the organization and global/local suppliers will be required.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Develop vision, strategy and manage digital transformation programs
- Develop the vision and create mid and long-term strategy for the digitalization of the procurement function.
- Understand established and emerging new digital technologies and defines how they could be applicable to transform procurement processes and ways of working (AI, Robotics and Automation, Predictive analytics, etc)
- Scout, understand and maintain up to date knowledge of digital procurement developments and solutions (including solutions coming from startups as well as established suppliers)
- Develop user cases and drives scalability and adoption across the procurement organization.
- Ensure projects and programs are delivered in accordance with timelines and budgets.
- Provide input to the procurement data strategy, data model, governance and processes for effective enablement of digital transformation.
- Continually understand Procurement and key stakeholders’ expectations related to systems, processes and technology.
- Tracking Budget and ROI for Transformation Initiatives.
- Lead the implementation of digital solutions working closely with IT, Global Master Data and Analytics, Procurement Operations and Category Leaders, Operations and Finance stakeholders.
- Develop digital learning journeys so procurement employees can develop themselves further.
Managing implementation and updates to global Source to Pay solution
- Manage P2P solutions components-catalogs, Supplier onboarding, features Enhancements.
- Collaborate with the design and modeling of global source to pay process and business systems conceptual architectures for delivery, capturing requirements, development, and support of projects.
- Manage identification and implementation of supplier catalog improvements with the objective of continually driving spend reductions. Area of focus will be correct pricing, SKU availability and master data accuracy.
- Manage projects to support catalog growth and drive spend management, as well as participate in team projects to ensure contracted pricing is captured appropriately to facilitate catalog set up and ordering.
- Build and maintain internal catalogs and lead discussions with suppliers to support the category leaders; ensure quality, completeness and accuracy of information on catalogs such as unit price, SKUs.
- Manage 2 direct reports in the planning, delivery and sustainment of digital procurement roadmap initiatives
- Manage workload among the analysts to ensure timely response to business stakeholders and deliver against P+ performance metrics
- Responsible for hiring, goal setting, performance evaluation and career growth plans for direct reports
- Regularly assess skills requirement to effectively manage portfolio initiatives and manage appropriate training and development plan to address skills gaps, if any
- Must have hands-on experience working with procurement systems and reporting technologies. Specific experience in the following application is necessary - SAP, SAP BW, Business Objects, Ariba, MDG and other procurement systems
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is a must (MBA preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a large, fast-paced, complex multi-location manufacturing organization
- 5 + years of people managerial experience working in Procurement or Supply Chain Management functions
- 5+ years of budgeting, planning and complex program management experience, PMP certification is highly desired
- 5+ experience in supporting development of procurement IT systems and implementing advanced sourcing methodologies, IT-systems, tools and technologies
- Relevant experience of implementing procurement transformation
- Strong alignment skills with the ability to communicate vision and gain alignment with senior management both internally and externally
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, creates flexible strategies and adapts quickly to changing business environment
- Strong action/results orientation with the ability to work with minimal oversight, to be self-motivated and proactive in achieving individual/team objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to articulate views convincingly and influence internal clients and external suppliers
- Expert skill in maintaining catalogs, user administration, report building
- Expertise in SAP modules - Material Master, Info Records, Vendor Master, MRP
- Demonstrated effectiveness using Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Vizio, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Data Extraction: Ability to extract and query data from systems
- Data Validation: Knowledge of and ability to understand and resolve data inconsistencies or variances
- Ability to access, analyze and use information in a manner that adds value to the organization; Ability to propose system enhancements based upon business needs
- Monitoring, Measurement and Metrics: Knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or a supplier
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Interpersonal savvy
- Teaming for customer success
- Drive for results
- Analytical and problem solving
- Attention to details
- Effective communications
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing & Measuring Work
- Influencing Others
- Developing Direct Reports
- Reports directly to the Senior Director - Digital Procurement Operations
- Manages relationships with the following internal customers/other colleagues
- Procurement Category Directors/Managers
- Operations Directors/Managers
- Finance Directors/Managers
- Regional buyer(s)/Lead
- Engages with the following external stakeholder
- Supplier enablement teams at Ariba
- Procurement systems vendor customer support teams/consultants
☐Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Other Physical Requirements: N/A.
Work Environment: Office Environment