This company's Digital Banking creates and delivers solutions that help financial institutions serve their digital banking users, expand the services they can support through digital and physical channels and enable revenue growth for the financial institution.
Solution Engineers represent the company in prospect and client engagements by facilitating conversations about offering vision, by understanding the financial institutions ecosystem and by delivering compelling and effective sales demos that are tailored to meet the financial institution's specific needs, in line with their digital channel strategy while illustrating the organization’s value proposition through our partnership in service to exceeding our sales and retention goals.
Our foundation for success is rooted in innovation and focused on the financial institution, their goals and growth. We create proven banking innovations that give financial institutions the flexibility and control to engage more, increase retention and cross-sell effectively. Their customers love the experience, and their revenue reflects it.
Our team of highly motivated and engaged employees has created breakthrough solutions that change the financial lives of more than 18 million consumer and business users across approximately 600 financial institutions. This company's Digital Banking helps financial institutions optimize their profitability by continuously innovating how businesses and customers optimize their money. Our solutions empower financial institutions and drive industry leading adoption, active use and engagement levels. Responsibilities:
- Represent the Digital Banking product suite throughout the sales process by preparing and delivering effective demos and presentations to prospects and existing clients in line with their strategic goals and key business drivers.
- Conduct pre-sales consultative conversations with prospects and sales executives to:
- Develop a technical and strategic understanding of a prospect’s business model and strategy
- Determine, recommend, document best fit solutions; conduct based on prospect needs as well as this company's ability to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure proper setting of customer and internal expectations as appropriate in pre-sales process, through assessments, consultations, liaison work with internal subject matter experts.
- Responsible for right products/solutions, generally available or customized, included in prospect proposal and CRM system to meet the prospect’s needs and this company's internal capabilities.
- Align with internal and external stakeholders for proposals for best fit solutions by defining, analyzing, and documenting the prospect’s business and technical requirements.
- Maintain documentation of all prospect project product and configuration-related activities in the project management system to build the proposal to generate a contract.
- Participate in warm handoff and post-warm handoff support for all implementing competitive conversion projects.
- Answer questions about our solutions and strategy from prospects and clients throughout the sales process as well as from employees via a request system within the established service level agreement timeframe.
- Become the subject matter expert (SME) for multiple solutions within the Sales Engineering team which includes staying up-to-date on new feature/functionality, strategy and internally communicating and mentoring Pre-sales, Sales and Relationship Management teams.
- Create and maintain up-to-date resources for others with the organization for assigned SME solutions which may include, but not limited to: technical requirements, PowerPoint presentations, recorded sales demonstrations, KnowledgeBase articles and the interactive sales demo.
- Participate in sales/retention efforts by effectively partnering across the organization to develop and execute on sales opportunities.
- Convey customer and prospect feedback to the broader Solutions & Strategy team through proactive and ongoing communication. In addition, be an advocate within the field to articulate the solution’s strategic direction and priorities to deliver an outstanding financial institution and end user experience.
- Research, understand and share the competitive landscape, as well as this company's strengths
- Assist with responding to the functional and technical elements of Request for Proposals in collaboration with the Proposal Writing team as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience in Sales Engineering, Product Training, (or a similar role) Note: Sales Engineer experience often has other titles including Application Engineer, Product Specialist, Solutions Consultant, Field Consultant, Pre-Sales Support and Area Support Engineer
- Demonstrated skills in self-driven solution-oriented approach to work at hand; proactive in problem identification and solution generation. Proven ability to decompose complex problems into fundamental assumptions, unknowns, and actions.
- Excellent and proven presentation skills for both onsite and WebEx deliveries
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Solid time management skills
- Financial Services Industry knowledge