As an experienced professional, this position supports a complex and fast-paced alternative investment fund business in a dynamic and challenging environment that will provide exposure to a wide variety of asset classes including private equity, private credit, liquid fund of funds, private equity fund of funds, direct strategy hedge funds and other illiquid strategy products.Role Responsibility
- Review annual audited and quarterly unaudited financial statements and notes to financial statements that are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and/or IFRS;
- Manage audit process, including coordinating and leading audit planning, audit status and closing meetings with fund administrators and external audit firms;
- Identify, raise and resolve audit-related issues if they arise;
- Facilitate filing submissions to the SEC, NFA, CIMA or other regulatory bodies;
- Interact with internal and external partners during the audit process, including external financial reporting teams at fund administrators, external audit firms, accounting teams, investment operations teams, portfolio managers, directors and legal counsel;
- Analyze and communicate accounting standards, technical literature and industry best practices to determine accounting treatment, accounting policy and relevant disclosure updates;
- Actively contribute to the ongoing development of the financial reporting oversight process with the goal of improving efficiency and scale while maintaining the quality of review;
- Demonstrate business intelligence and big data analysis to analyze reporting trends to optimize and improve the existing financial reporting process;
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with partners;
- Be a self-starter and work with minimal direct supervision in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- Advanced degree and/or CPA are preferable;
- 3 to 7 years combined experience in public accounting, internal audit, alternative fund administration or accounting, preferably within an alternative fund financial reporting group;
- Knowledge of technical and regulatory issues affecting the alternative investment fund industry, including knowledge of investment company accounting/reporting, US GAAP (ASC 946) and IFRS (IFRS 10);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- A passion for engineering highly available, performant systems with a “Student of Markets and Technology” attitude;
- Enthusiasm and ability to work in a team-environment, multi-tasking, flexibility skills are a must;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Above all, the candidate must possess initiative and a willingness to contribute beyond the scope of one's role to achieve team and firm objectives.