Are you looking for a Procurement role with real purpose to put your commercial talent to work that counts? We can offer opportunities where your commercial delivery counts for the company, colleagues and communities.
This company’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud to be a force for good through its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace and as a member of the Goods Not for Resale Procurement team you would have a substantial role in delivering even more.
Our Professional Services Procurement team’s global scope and influence has grown enormously with commercial involvement in almost every strategic initiative throughout the global business. We need the brightest and best Procurement talent to keep raising the bar.
Roles within this team will focus primarily on the execution of game-changing procurement initiatives aimed at driving optimal value throughout the organization. Leaders in this role will look beyond traditional procurement practices, helping the organization challenge the status quo to identify breakthrough programs, significantly impacting the value brought to the organization by the procurement team.
As a Category Manager you will be collaborating with multiple stakeholders to deliver professional and impactful commercial leadership to every area of our organization. We’re looking for a broad range of skills to complement the existing talented team. If you have commercial Procurement experience in categories such as Payment Services, Consultancy, Travel, Shared Services, Legal, Temporary Labor or similar services and you have the ability and drive to influence at all levels of complex organizations then we would love to hear from you.
- Directs and executes strategic sourcing strategies, best practices, and initiatives that support aggressive improvements in supplier quality, total cost effectiveness, enhanced service levels, improved coordination, delivery, pricing, lead-times, payment, risk compliance and other areas as identified.
- Executes category sourcing strategies including development and execution of RFI’s and RFP’s, documents bid events through correspondence to suppliers; develops selection criteria and drives the selection of suppliers in collaboration with a cross-functional teams; conducts supplier negotiations and ongoing supplier management.
- Actively seeks ways to streamline business processes; researches and provides information on industry category trends and best practices. Provides procurement input to maximize procurement leverage, optimizes project design and minimizes project durations and cost.
- Develops negotiation strategies, gains alignment from stakeholders, leads cross-functional, category-based negotiation teams, and implements appropriate supplier risk analysis. Directly negotiates with suppliers that require a detailed strategic plan and have a direct correlation with Walgreens operational needs and goals.
- Uses current spend information/data and business knowledge to identify sourcing projects for individual subcategories, and develops an overall cost reduction plan. Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of business requirements and category ownership by creating and defending category strategies and decisions with sound analytics. Delegates analytic tasks to key support functions; and synthesizes results.
- Develops supplier score card to measure supplier performance against agreed upon key performance indicators; tracks compliance and supports formal management reporting to director and other members of senior management. Benchmark, track, and analyze annual performance metrics and sourcing trends against budget on a monthly basis to demonstrate continuous improvement and progress against strategic objectives. Implement supplier management programs with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals, and improvement initiatives.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure that delivery dates and technical and contractual requirements are met. Participates in strategic meetings with suppliers and business leaders to ensure execution of defined strategies. Manages day-to-day on-going category supplier relations and seeks out growth or revision opportunities within supply base. Acts as the internal point of contact for supplier management and complaint resolution; conducts regular supplier meetings and implements improvement strategies with suppliers. Creates, nurtures, and enhances supplier relationships.
- Aggressively manages category performance by adhering to internal Savings goals and reviewing financial models for commodity type items. Ensures spend portfolio for reoccurring managed spend is balanced through coordinated sourcing waves and leveraged with Capital project sourcing activities.
- Drives consolidation of spend and seeks out synergies across Business Units where applicable, by forming and leading cross-functional strategic sourcing teams to develop and implement category/commodity strategies and to drive cost from individual spend sub-categories. Champions weekly category review meetings with cross-functional teams to manage category performance.
- May cultivate team morale, motivation, and loyalty through continuous training and mentorship, setting obtainable performance goals, proving clear communication and constructive feedback.