Job Profile Summary
Lead and participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle to configure and customize Maximo Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) solutions, which may include but is not limited to software design, development, testing, training, deployment, reporting and maintenance activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with key process owners and team members on the documentation of application defects, enhancements and/or projects.
- Lead design, development, testing, and maintenance of software solutions as prioritized by the business including creating/updating system documentation and training materials.
- Lead design of reliable and scalable solutions according to standards and best practices to support user requirements.
- Lead gathering and documenting of business requirements to determine capabilities to be delivered. Consult with users on priorities, complexities and other impacts of the requirements. Provide time and cost estimates for proposed changes resulting from the requirements.
- Identify opportunities to deploy existing solutions in other business areas.
- Coordinate and communicate development activities with other team members, infrastructure personnel, vendors, and management.
- Lead small projects through entire system development life cycle.
- Follow defined change control and compliance procedures associated with software development, including all required documentation and governance standards.
- Interact with business users via consulting and training to ensure effective use of technology solutions.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job.
- Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, computer science, mathematics, or other related field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and the following job related experience
- Experience in software development as a developer, preferably having prior experience supporting Maximo, including but not limited to:
- Database Configuration, App. Designer, Conditional Expression Manager, Workflow Designer, etc.
- Automation Scripts - Jython
- Java Customization – Maximo Business Objects (MBO), Beans, etc.
- Integration – Object Structures, Web Services, REST API, Flat File, etc.
- Migration Manager – Build & Deployment of Packages
- Strong SQL skills - preferably experience with Oracle
- Strong programming skills - preferably experience with Java and Python
- Experience working with database management systems, preferably experience with Oracle.
- Experience working with WebSphere.
- Experience and ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle methodology and basic project management concepts.
- Experience with basic infrastructure technologies and the ability to understand/communicate impacts resulting from development activities.
- Experience directing and training other project members.
- Experience interacting, advising and communicating effectively with multiple levels of management.
- Experience developing information, conducting meetings and making presentations.
- Ability to communicate and/or exchange information or instructions; conduct oral presentations and/or meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of: all aspects of the software development lifecycle methodology and basic project management concepts
- Knowledge of: multiple development languages and/or platforms
- Knowledge of: basic infrastructure concepts and how those concepts are impacted by development activities.
- Ability to: software development and programming concepts/techniques.
- Ability to: work with database management systems.
- Ability to: apply math, algebra, and statistical methods.
- Ability to: communicate and/or exchange information or instruction; conduct oral presentations and/or meetings.
Licenses and Certifications
Strength Factor Rating - Physical Demands/Requirements
- Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Strength Factor Description - Physical Demands/Requirements
- Standing: Remaining on one's feet in an upright position at a work station without moving about (Occasionally)
- Walking: Moving about on foot (Frequently)
- Sitting: Remaining in a seated position (Constantly)
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) (Occasionally)
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder (Occasionally)
- Pushing: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (Occasionally)
- Pulling: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking) (Occasionally)
- Climbing: Ladders, Stairs (Occasionally)
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling (Occasionally)
- Stooping: Bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist (Occasionally)
- Kneeling: Bending the legs at the knees to come to rest on the knee or knees (Occasionally)
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending the legs and spine (Occasionally)
- Crawling: Moving about on the hands and arms in any direction (Occasionally)
- Reaching: Extending hands and arms in any direction (Constantly)
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with the hand or hands (Manual Dexterity) (Constantly)
- Fingering: Picking, pinching or otherwise working with the fingers primarily (Finger Dexterity) (Constantly)
- Feeling: Perceiving such attributes of objects/materials as size, shape, temperature, texture, movement or pulsation by receptors in the skin, particularly those of the finger tips (Constantly)
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas/information by means of the spoken word (Frequently)
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sound by the ear (Frequently)
- Tasting/Smelling: (Occasionally)
- Near Vision: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (Constantly)
- Far Vision: Clarity of vision at 20 feet for more (Frequently)
- Depth Perception: Three-dimensional vision; ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are (Frequently)
- Vision: Color - The ability to identify and distinguish colors (Constantly)
- Employee is subject to inside environmental conditions
- Well lighted, climate controlled areas (Constantly)
- Frequent repetitive motion (Constantly)
- CRT (Computer Monitor(s)) (Constantly)
- Based on assigned tasks, employee may be assigned a company vehicle requiring the applicable driver's license