The Operations Trainer develops and delivers training to CFNA teammates ranging from quick PowerPoint presentations to communicate immediate procedure changes up to the more structured 2 to 3 week new hire classroom training sessions.
The incumbent will work with training peers and Operations Department subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure awareness of changing business needs so that content is accurate, effective (in perfect alignment with Ops Department procedures) and delivered timely.
A key member of the Quality & Training Department, CFNA trainers work to identify and suggest areas of improvement to minimize teammate QA errors and increase productivity in support of CFNA’s overall goals. MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Experience / Qualifications:
- Train new Operations teammates (and existing staff) on handling all aspects of inbound and outbound calls from both cardholders and merchants. This includes:
- Delivering classroom training using PowerPoint presentations, company processing systems, and other face-to-face presentation methods.
- Utilizing various forms of training delivery (in addition to a traditional classroom setting) such as virtual training via Teams, or one-on-one sessions.
- Developing and maintaining training programs and corresponding support documentation for both new and tenured team members. Based on performance metrics, identify areas of opportunity and formulate work plans to support management objectives.
- Completing new teammate training assessments utilizing evaluation rubric.
- Analyzing reports for the purpose of tracking and trending team member performance to identify opportunities for training improvement.
- With direct responsibility coach, mentor, and supervise trainees from the start of new hire training, through the job transition probationary period (nesting), and make the final assessment of the individual’s successful attainment of required skills in order to progress to their assigned role.
- Create effective Training Bulletins to disseminate reminders and information about procedure and process changes.
- Assist in new development and continual improvement of training materials by working with other training staff and leaders from internal departments.
- Participate in researching and evaluating learning programs, trends, and practices in order to keep the curriculum fresh.
- Maintain documentation including database updates, training agendas, sign-in sheets, etc. to demonstrate trainee compliance with regulatory and department requirements.
- Work with the Quality team and internal department leaders to monitor error trends, productivity, and quality standards for both trainees and tenured staff to identify additional required training.
- Cross-train with internal departments to attain and maintain personal standing as a subject matter expert.
- May assist with testing new system changes and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience as a trainer, including training staff in a call center environment.
- A minimum of 1 year hands-on experience delivering training in a group setting required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Advanced degree in applicable discipline and/or certification in Training is highly desirable.
- Ability to perform as a SME and handle live calls related to your training content while conducting new hire training.
- Proficient use of MS Windows and Office programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Teams
- Skilled in group facilitation and managing effective discussion and dialogue to enhance the learning experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills
- Ability to conduct effective and engaging presentation in a variety of delivery settings.
- Professional presence, positive and energetic demeanor
- Word processing and data entry involving computer keyboard and screens
- Use of SharePoint for SOP research and problem solving