We have an exciting opportunity in Asset Management Technology team for a Sr. Data Architect to build and support Data Platform and Analytics. The Sr. Data Architect will design and implement architectures to support advanced analytics solutions and enrich data in the platform, creating data pipelines for a wide variety of internal and external data types and ensuring the quality and consistency of current and future data flows.
Job Description: Technical Lead (Sr. Data Architect)
Responsible for managing a virtual applications team, assigning and overseeing project members and external technology contractor’s duties, work, and time spent on various projects, along with the day to day execution of deliverables to support this company's Asset Management business. Consults with business unit and technology partners to determine the most effective technology utilization and designs to meet project objectives.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with an ability to effectively interface with both business partners and with technical staff. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work within time lines to meet project expectations. Strong client management, interpersonal and decision making skills and competencies, attention to detail and the ability to be proactive, prudent and confident in pressure situations are a must.
As a Sr. Data Architect, the candidate must have experience with the following:
• Bachelor's or Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related subject, or 7+ year experience in IT,
• Expert knowledge of data architectures, data pipelines, real-time data processing, streaming, networking, and security,
• Advanced knowledge of big data querying tools, Experience with SQL, Python,
• Proficient understanding of AI/machine learning,
• Experience with Public Cloud Azure development,
• Experience with Snowflake,
• Familiarity with the Java Platform, Enterprise APIs and Java Programming,
• Experience designing scalable database applications
• Experience researching new technologies that align with business strategy and improve the user experience
• Experience communicating to both technical and business audiences
• Experience using at least some of the following languages: Java, Public Cloud, DevOps, Cloud Computing (IaaS, PaaS and Saas), Docker Hub (Compose, Containers), APIs, SOAP and RESTful interfaces, ANT, GIT, Gradle, Maven, Spring
• Experience working with Agile methodologies,
• Ensuring application security through the Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC),
• Exceptional problem solving / analytical thinking and skills,
• Teamwork and collaboration.
Qualifications: Sr. Data Architect Responsibilities:
• Apply data management and architecture expertise in developing solution architecture and advanced analytics solution design, including reporting technology; Articulate tradeoffs, strengths, and weaknesses of various architectures and their components to determine the best design given use cases and constraints,
• Identify internal and external data sources for potential integration into platform; Lead data migration and integration projects,
• Create appropriate standards and processes to ensure quality and consistency of data in the platform,
• Outline best practices and establish standards for data strategy, data lifecycle, data ownership, data definition, and data classification,
• Collaborate with stakeholders and advanced analytics business partners to understand business needs and to identify and define advanced analytics solutions