Has day-to-day management responsibilities for a small Middle Office Trade Processing team within Hedge Fund Services. Responsible for the assignment of work to a Middle Office Trade Processing team. Major Responsibilities/Duties
1. Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
2. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
3. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
4. Daily reconciliation of transactions and positions for Equity, Corporate Bond, CMO, TBA, Pool, Bank Loan and private securities.
5. Analyzes and understands all security and cash position differences related to reconciliations.
6. Coordinates break resolution process between client, operations teams and custodian banks.
7. Manages hand off process between India and Chicago reconciliation teams, and follow up on open issues.
8. Works closely with implementation team to ensure seamless handoff and setup of new client accounts.
9. Performs daily review of reconciliations and execute controls.
10. Responsible for project work related to increasing efficiency and improving control environment.
11. Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function.
12. As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level.
13. Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions..
14. Provides input and support to budget management processQualifications: Requirements/Qualifications
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred.
- Related Industry qualification (e.g. ACCA) is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Technical skills / systems knowledge is required