Location: Virtual anywhere in the U.S.
Solution Architects work as a part of an integrated consulting team to design, develop and deliver this company's solutions to Retail clients around the world. Your role will be to help audit clients’ current state, identify needs in their Retail Technology Architecture, and recommend the appropriate solutions.
Position Summary and Key Areas of Responsibility
This is a client facing business development role, ultimately responsible for the successful delivery of architectural and technical aspects of client transformation engagements.
This role is one of the highest technical roles within this company's Professional Services, and it requires a combination of qualities that will enable a successful candidate to lead business and technical initiatives within this company and with our clients. In this exciting role, you will:
- Become an expert in this company's Business Services Platform (BSP) which powers this company's next generation retail store architecture
- Apply this company's suite of integrated solutions to help Retailers Run their Stores and connect better with their customers.
- Work in a team of Enterprise/Cloud Solution architects.
- Support Customer Experience and Business Process Consulting activities by identifying enabling technologies.
- Drive Business Development encompassing understanding client needs, developing services offers and solutions leveraging this company's products and platforms.
- Support the Strategic consultants and Client Partners in transformation initiatives.
- Lead client facing conversations on migrating to Cloud-based solutions.
- Contribute to technical and retail transformation thought leadership.
- Understand Retail client’s business challenges and translate into solutions.
- Write technology consulting briefs and related presentations that meet client needs.
- Provide end to end 'holistic' client engagement leadership and support.
- Collaborating with broad range of business and technical teams in Sales, Pre-sales, Product, Engineering, Professional Services both internally as well as externally. .
- Demonstrating technical credibility and a consultative approach with existing and prospective clients.
- Understanding and presenting best practices from a technology perspective and in the context of this company's product, solution and service portfolio.
- Working with data architecture, such as transactional and analytical processing, real-time analytics, etc.
- Design and guidance on implementing multi-tenant SaaS systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Solution Architecture including software and infrastructure.
- 3+ years of Consulting experience working with and presenting to end-user senior managers and “C” level executives.
- Strong business and client acumen.
- Experience in technical leadership of a team in a matrix environment.
- Experience with hands-on software development.
- Experience in the Retail Industry supporting Retail clients is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related field.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and cloud adoption at the enterprise scale (e.g. leading enterprise-wide adoption of PaaS, Big Data platforms).
- Experience articulating non-functional requirements and working with product/engineering teams to create seamless solution architectures.
- Experience with Docker and orchestration/deployment models in Kubernetes.
- Ability to articulate and explain the latest technologies (PaaS, Big Data Analytics, API platforms), continuous improvement of scaled processes and best practices.
- Experience with public Cloud offerings such as Google Cloud Platform, Azure, or Amazon.
- Experience programming in multiple languages such as Java, C#, C, Python, and others.
- Experience installing, configuring, or managing package software (such as Point-of-Sale, Loyalty, Labor Management, Accounting, etc.).
- Familiar with today’s Machine Learning approaches.
- Comfortable visually translating business needs into related diagrams and explaining technical underpinnings for solution stacks.
- Experience designing solutions using accepted microservice architectures (such as the Strangler Fig pattern).
- Experience with cloud native microservices architecture, data architecture, analytics, software/application architecture.
- Passionate: enjoys design and collaboration.
- Pragmatic and result oriented
- Articulate: able to produce and communicate complex solutions to a wide variety of audiences.
- Self Sufficient and Life-long learner: continual learner who stays current on the latest technologies (attends and ideally presents at technical conferences).
- Curious: always looking for ways to improve.