Our Retail Software Engineers create a full suite of hardware and software purpose-built for the demanding fuel and convenience store environment, including point-of-sale terminals, electronic payment controllers, kitchen display systems, fuel controllers, servers, peripherals and more.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
- Rugged, high-performance POS terminals with fast processors, sleek, modern designs and touchscreen options
- Industry-leading OPTIC outdoor fuel payment terminals
- Digital signage and self-service kiosks that encourage customers to order more
- Fuel controllers, site controllers and kitchen production systems that tie it all together
We are looking for a C++ developer responsible for developing and maintaining backend applications in our Retail sector. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team. Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain backend applications.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code
- Implement performance and quality modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 6 years in C++ development
- Previous experience in a technical leadership position (ie: Technical Lead, Manager, Technical Product Owner, or Architect)
- Strong proficiency in C++, with good knowledge of the language specification
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, and algorithms
- Strong grasp of Windows platform.
- Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
- Understanding of dynamic polymorphism and C++ specific notions, such as friend classes
- Familiarity with templating in C++
- Familiarity with system call wrapper library functions
- Knowledge of component data sheets and specifications
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such TFS and GitHub.
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Work well with a global, multi-located team.
- Solid communication skills
- Whip-smart, endlessly curious and a born problem-solver
- Knowledge of the latest C++11 standard is highly preferred
- Preferred to have prior experience or familiarity with hardware. Ideal would be someone who has worked with a fuel controllers such as Allied or Doms.
- Experience with Generic Retail industry protocols such as Conexus and IFSF.
- Experience with commutation protocol such as TCP/IP and UDF.
- Worked in the Retail industry