Responsible for fund administration activities for Hedge Fund Services clients. The Fund Administration group for HFS is responsible for providing hedge fund clients with monthly NAVs and financials, annual draft financials and annual tax and audit support. Technical expert without management responsibilities, seen as key advisors on business decisions.
Consistently displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the rest of the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
1. Review of monthly fund and business entity closing summaries.
2. Report and analyze financial data to be disseminated to our clients and their investors.
3. Close monthly books and records of the funds to general final performance figures.
4. Interact with clients and other Hedge Fund Services teams to obtain understanding of funds’ activities.
5. Prepare financial statements for funds.
6. Work directly with external auditors to ensure accuracy of each fund’s annual financial statements.
7. Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function.
8. Focus on operational risk and profitability by automating manual processes/calculations and recommending procedures to improve our integration environment and corresponding testing.
9. A subject-matter expert on HFS’ proprietary system to answer questions on functionality/capability to assist with business problem solving.
10. Work with HFS’ internal shared service teams to resolve accounting-related questions on how transactions should be recorded to ensure the proper accounting treatment.
11. Research technical accounting policy questions for complex client transactions or related to new accounting pronouncements and monitor changes to U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
12. Perform discovery due diligence with clients to gather requirements, write the back- and middle-office business requirements and test code releases in both HFS’ integration and production environments.
13. Partner with HFS IT’s external vendor on development approach related to new functionality.
14. Interact with the client during the discovery and on-boarding phases.
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required / preferred. Related Industry qualification (e.g. ACCA) is required / preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. Peoplesoft) is required