GAAPS Alternatives | Vice President NAV Oversight | Wilmington
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that promotes positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At this company we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
This company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Position within the Alternatives Accounting and Product Controllers team being responsible for this company’s Alternative Investments business. As an experienced professional, this position supports a complex and fast-paced alternative investment fund business in a dynamic and challenging environment.
This company's Alternative Investors (BAI) is a strategic focus for the firm and this position will be part of a core accounting team in Wilmington, DE focused on Closed End Alternative Funds. The position offers significant growth opportunities both organically as the firm expands our product offerings, specifically in the Closed End Space, as well as opportunities to be involved in ongoing platform wide projects.
Day to day responsibilities include portfolio and investor oversight for a range of Closed End Funds. The investment portfolios generally have broad investment guidelines which means the candidate will learn about multiple asset classes including but not limited to global private credit, private equity, real estate, securitized assets, derivatives, SPVs used for legal or tax structuring among others.
- Demonstrate complete ownership of the day to day accounting and administrator oversight to ensure timely and accurate delivery of reporting to LPs
- Interact with multiple internal and external partners over the course of the year requires strong communication skills and ability to understand third party requests and deliver solutions to meet those partner needs
- Ensure a robust control environment exists both at the fund service providers and internally to ensure risk of error is mitigated
- Oversee regulatory compliance with SEC, NFA, and other regulations for product’s under the individual’s purview
- Recalculate management fee and carried interest in accordance with fund legal documents and report associated revenue to corporate controllers team
- Responsible for engaging with audit team around complex accounting topics and successful planning, coordination and completion of audited financials each year
- Communicate performance results to investors and resolve investors’ questions.
- Participate in investor due diligence meetings, as required for product set, and explain the controls in place to ensure accurate reporting to clients is achieved
- Field custom reporting requests and projects for investors and/or business specific needs and develop reporting to deliver back to clients/partners
- Drive increased efficiency and innovation through continuous review of operating procedures and planning / evaluating technology enhancements.
- 5-9+ years of investment / fund accounting / public accounting (audit) work experience or equivalent, including review experience for at least a portion of that time.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting (strongly preferred) or Finance. CPA a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail and written and verbal communication skills
- Proper and effective accounting skills including knowledge of GAAP and financial statements.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Works effectively to plan and prioritize responsibilities including ongoing and ad hoc projects simultaneously;
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products, emphasis on Excel.