Participates or supports in activities including the analysis of complex requirements, maintaining engineering best practices, team process creation/enhancement, app store fulfillment, defect remediation, and writing code. This is a Sr role which performs advanced engineering functions, but also provides architectural solutions, collaborates with UX and Product for creative technical solutions, gives guidance to other team members, can rapidly prototype, assesses technology gaps, and analyzes new technologies. The primary objectives of this position is the conceptualization, development, and delivery of a modern, cloud native, componentized front end web application and championing code integrity.
• Sets the standard by writing high quality code that is performant, reusable, and secure while adhering to industry best practices.
• Supports the development of mobile cloud native prototypes.
• Creates documentation for coding standards and best practices.
• Performs as subject a matter expert, helping team members and management, both in and outside of engineering, understand complex technical needs, risks, and hurdles. Shares years to mobile application industry expertise to provide guidance and insight to other team members, business partners, vendors, and management. Most importantly, leads by example.
• May develop the technical “vision” and design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
• Champions code quality and mobile engineering standards, evangelizing this through mentorship and helpful code review practices.
• Assess and remediates business requirements and defects, providing expertise and sizing.
• Takes point on architecting and implementing TDD and CI/CD processes.
• Shares information cross-functionally to improve delivery processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/business solutions.
• Always centers on the big picture, acting as an authority on componentization, the IoT, application performance, data integrity, security, and best practices, balancing all these things against business need and sets appropriate expectations.
• Researches new technologies and approaches to meet new business/technical needs and to deliver creativity to our customers.
• Innovates mobile app fulfillment/distribution process by leveraging a combination of frameworks and Apple/Google Play store features.