Cain Brothers, a division of this company's Capital Markets, is a leading healthcare investment bank and the preeminent M&A advisor to middle-market healthcare companies. We deliver innovative ideas and solutions to our clients in mergers & acquisitions, strategic and financial advisory, and debt and equity financing from our offices across the country. Our deep knowledge of the industry is matched with the knowhow needed to efficiently execute the most complex transactions. With our exclusive focus on healthcare services and information technology, as well as medical technology and life sciences, we have an unobstructed view of this rapidly evolving industry that enables us to provide unique perspectives to our clients.
Cain Brothers focuses on a culture of collaboration to provide the very best service to its clients and a working environment that is professionally rewarding to all employees. The firm is dedicated to professional development and advancement at all levels. Cain Brothers is currently seeking to hire Associates for the New York, San Francisco and Chicago offices.
Associates play a critical role in the execution of client engagements as well as in support of originating new business. Associates work with Analysts, under the direction of senior deal team members, to execute client engagements, including buy- and sell-side M&A, debt and equity financing, fairness opinions, valuations, and strategic advisory engagements. Associates have extensive exposure to senior bankers and clients, including leading healthcare industry companies and private equity/venture capital firms. As part of their professional development, Associates are staffed on a variety of transactions and client engagement to develop an understanding of the healthcare industry. Associates are supported by a comprehensive mentorship program with senior bankers and there is excellent potential for promotion within the firm.
• Supporting senior bankers in the creation and oversight of presentations materials to clients and prospective clients;
• Preparation of pitch books, internal committee memoranda, marketing other material related to M&A transactions, valuations and fairness opinions;
• Preparation of comprehensive financial models and valuation analyses including discounted cash flow, comparable company, precedent M&A transactions, LBO and merger consequence analyses;
• Managing client due diligence processes;
• Oversight of Analysts on deal teams and assist in training and mentoring of Analysts;
• Travel throughout the United States;
• Participation in on-campus recruiting and in-office interviewing processes to further build the firm’s franchise.
• One to three years of relevant experience in investment banking or corporate strategy / development;
• Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework in finance and accounting;
• Strong financial analytical understanding and skills;
• Demonstrated interest in gaining domain expertise in the U.S. healthcare industry;
• Superior written and oral communication skills;
• Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment;
• Demonstrated leadership qualities;
• Outstanding work ethic;
• Willingness to engage in moderate travel throughout the United States;
• Healthcare experience is not a pre-requisite.