Designs and develops assigned resources for enhancement and integration of new products and functionality. Performs efficient analysis and thinks proactively in order to ensure full functionality and eliminate processing difficulties. Coordinates and provides in-depth guidance to implementation and testing project plans for new technology and enhancements.
Determines design requirements, ensures efficiency, and offers improvement suggestions. This position has a focus on Back-office and Microsoft technologies, but the team supports a wide variety of platforms and technologies, so a broad base of experience, flexibility, and a talent for wearing multiple hats is critical. Primary role is engineering and supporting enterprise platforms and services.
• Participate in business meetings to identify objectives and develop a system that will meet the company's current and future needs
• Develop a comprehensive and logical test plan for systems using appropriate tools to ensure established standards are utilized
• Research, design, and develop new or enhanced applications, systems, and programs that meet business or performance improvement requirements
• Write design and project requirements which may include both preliminary and firm estimates of system requirements, benefits, personnel, costs, timelines, etc., for review by management
• Test and evaluate system requirements and enhancements, documenting findings for management and recommending solutions
• Monitor and conduct regression testing in entirety to ensure negative impacts do not result once program alterations are completed; participate in end user acceptance testing, ensuring program alterations and changes meet end user requirements
• Code program based on system enhancements, modification requests, or new design specifications
• Continually keep up-to-date on new products, development tools, industry trends, and methodologies for incorporation into system platforms
• Serve as an escalation point for program support after implementation, which may include additional training, upgrades, or program enhancements
Some of the Technologies and Platforms Supported:
• Microsoft on-prem infrastructure: Active Directory, SCCM, SharePoint, Exchange • Microsoft 365/Cloud technologies: Azure AD, Azure AD SSO, Office 365, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, MS Teams
• Red Hat (Linux): Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat Directory Server, Red Hat Identity Management (IdM)
• Public Cloud infrastructure: Azure, AWS, GCP, Cloud VDI
• Scripting and Automation: PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Python, GitHub, etc.
• Endpoint/Workstation Management: MS Intune, GPOs, OS Imaging, DLP, O365 Sensitivity Labels, MFA
• Enterprise Monitoring: Zabbix, Micro Focus NNMi/NOM, SCOM, NetMRI, ServiceNow
• Bachelor's degree with major course work in computer science, MIS, or a related field is required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for education requirements.
• Typical candidate will have 5+ years of experience with software engineering, system administration, network administration, IT engineering, and/or a related field. Certifications and/or educational experience may count towards experience.