Responsible for fund administration activities for Hedge Fund Services clients. The Fund Administration group for HFS is responsible for providing hedge fund clients with monthly NAVs and financials, annual draft financials and annual tax and audit support. Technical expert without management responsibilities, seen as key advisors on significant business decisions.
1. Review of monthly fund and business entity closing summaries.
2. Report and analyze financial data to be disseminated to our clients and their investors.
3. Close monthly books and records of the funds to general final performance figures.
4. Interact with clients and other Hedge Fund Services teams to obtain understanding of funds¿ activities.
5. Prepare financial statements for funds.
6. Work directly with external auditors to ensure accuracy of each funds annual financial statements.
7. Assist in building a high-performance team through learning, development, mentoring and recruiting.
8. Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function.
9. As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level.
10. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
11. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
12. Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas.
A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred. Related Industry qualification (e.g. ACCA) is preferred Excellent oral and written communication skills are required In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required Highly flexible and adaptable to change Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. Peoplesoft) is required