Summary of the Position’s Responsibilities
The job involves working for a Global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. The position is at a manager’s level and requires good experience and background in operations including knowledge of OTC products and back office settlements and reconciliation processes.
The successful candidate is a proven leader who takes ownership of responsibilities and achieving objectives. Team focus and the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment are essential. This person is proactive in resolving conflict and demonstrates exemplary follow-through. He/she adds value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks/projects with minimal supervision while paying special attention to detail.
The ideal candidate is an effective communicator and works well with partner areas. Knowledge of the life cycle events for TRS, CDS/X and OTC equity options is a must.
A candidate with a Product Control and P&L background will excel in this role.
- Understand, escalate and successfully manage all breaks associated with daily process flow.
- Contribute to and help drive the change portfolio.
- Daily support for the client across asset classes. This includes confirmation/affirmation, cash settlement, deal enrichment, reconciliations and troubleshooting.
- Escalate issues and signoff on daily process requirements.
- Ensure that all procedures and responsibilities are completed in accordance with internal and client policies including the below:
- Post necessary activity in trade system accurately in a timely manner.
- Create and review reconciliation reports and settlement comparisons dictated by our service level agreements
- Investigate trade and settlement outages, and escalate as needed.
- Assist in the development of scalable, controlled, and transparent reporting processes.
- Communicate trade discrepancies to internal partners and assist in resolving mismatches between the client and its counterparties.
- Review trade matching and affirmation for OTC trades on trade date between the client and its counterparties.
- Assist the desk / offshore with troubleshooting as necessary.
- Effectively communicate with IT to test and implement development and enhancements of our system.
- Help coordinate testing and connectivity with client’s banks, custodians and prime brokers through the various electronic platforms.
- 2 + years of work experience, preferably in OTC Middle Office or Operations with a focus on TRS.
- In depth and technical knowledge of TRS trades, processing and flow.
- Knowledge of CDS and the ICE platform, and OTC equity options and the MTM platform.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under extremely time sensitive conditions.
- Experience in project management and client interaction.
- Paramount client service skills.
- Superior Excel skills.
- Excellent math and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Hedge Fund structures, products and financial instruments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.