As a valued colleague on our team, you will gather customer requests and collaborate with your team to determine solutions to solve business needs, use analytic and BI tools to explore and understand data, and collaborate with the team to prepare plans to find solutions.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Internal Audit Analytics, Senior Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own as you work on audits of this company's internal groups to identify risk and/or process gaps using analytics, bots and other technology to deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Perform ad hoc / develop automated analytic routines to support audit testing; document and contribute to audit work papers (including analytic procedures / results and audit issue writeups) to support audit findings.
- Identify opportunities to produce / contribute to dashboards that leverage business data to help the department continuously monitor and audit for key risks to the organization.
- Contribute to analytics program and department-wide strategic initiatives such as application development, continuous monitoring development and continuous risk assessment efforts.
- Assist with tracking results of prior audits, identifying audit themes across organizations and determining if appropriate corrective action has been taken regarding significant audit concerns.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels, providing advice and sharing Internal Audit knowledge with business partners to strengthen governance, risk and control environments, as appropriate.
- Provide informal, day-to-day coaching and guidance to other Internal Auditors in the department, sharing your knowledge to help build data literacy and competency across Internal Audit.
Qualifications Desired Experiences
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Previous financial services industry experience with data is preferred.
- Coursework or background in: Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, or Information Systems preferred
- CFA, FRM/PRM, CIA, CPA, CFE, CISA, CISM, or CISSP preferred
- Skills related to risk assessment and management including evaluating design of controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, and mitigating risk.
- Skilled in the graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs and tools such as Excel, Tableau, or Power BI
- Ability to understand and document scenarios and requirements within business processes for database reporting, building analytics and developing scripts to generate desired reports, validate results with audit customers, document results, maintain a repository of analytics, and schedule the automated execution of certain analytics for the purpose of continuous auditing / monitoring
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Skilled in profiling data using data analytic software and provide audit teams with insight into trends, anomalies, and unusual transactions that can be evidence of control gaps, data quality issues, lack of adequate monitoring, fraud, or process improvement opportunities.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision to achieve project goals.
Desired Analytic Tools (one or more of the following)
Additional Desired Software Experience
- TeamMate for audit solutions