This company is seeking an Assistant Controller to provide high level support to our Company Controller and manage its accounting and financial services activities.
Assists in preparing the analyses and projections of the company's financial position. This includes but is not limited to income and expense reports, balance sheets, budgeting and forecasting. Makes primary recommendations to the Controller governing all financial and accounting activity. Works effectively across all lines of the business in achieving the Company’s financial objectives. Conducts reviews and evaluations of cost-reduction opportunities. Assists in due diligence activities for acquisitions and/or divestitures.
Manages accounting practices which ensure the accuracy and compliance of the organization's financial data. Assists in the design and implementation of internal controls and improvement of processes across the accounting function. Monitors standard and ad hoc reports to ensure accounting standards are met. Supports both the internal and external auditing activity. Stays current on changes in regulations and other industry news.
Human Resource Management:
Supports the operational accounting team by hiring, training, developing and evaluating their performance. Ensures performance reviews and training requirements are met.
Assists in the preparation and submission of the company's tax filings. Works to ensure tax deadlines are met. Monitors changes to tax rules and regulations and recommends changes to company activities which may be affected by changes in tax regulation. Monitors application of depreciation rules in tax submissions and overall financial reporting.
Assists in the development and updates of the organization's overall operating budget. Monitors all financial activities against budget, monthly, quarterly and annually. Makes recommends to the Controller for changes to company activities to correct performance against budget.
QUALIFICATIONS WE ARE LOOKING FOR: ·
· Possesses strong leadership and management abilities.
· Must have the ability to prioritize work, communicate tasks and motivate personnel.
· Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
· Has excellent critical thinking as well as analytical skills.
· Displays vast knowledge of math and exceptional accounting skills.
· In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and GAAP principles as well as knowledge of auditing principles and practices.
· Strong computer literacy and advanced skills using finance and accounting software are required.
· Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related discipline combined with eight plus years of progressively responsible management experience in finance or accounting.
· CPA, CMA or MBA strongly preferred.