This company is a national medical group. Over the last 40 years, through our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states and Puerto Rico, we have reshaped care delivery within women's and children's specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical settings. Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of Pediatrix and Obstetrix Medical Groups have used evidence-based tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research, and telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes and provide high-quality, cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts who work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Mednax family and help shape the future of health care.
Bachelor’s degree in the Computer Science field and/or 5 years of industry related experience within the Healthcare setting.
3 to 5 years of networking, computing and business application systems integration, support and maintenance.
Strong, hands-on knowledge of supported computers, servers, hypervisors, and storage
Enterprise level Active Directory management supporting Windows, Linux, Macintosh computing systems, GPO’s, OU’s and Domain Groups.
Exceptional communication and leadership capabilities
Strong VMware experience
Strong experience in Cloud systems in Azure. GCP is a plus
Experience with Hyper-V
Critical thinking skills and adaptation in complex situations that drive decision making processes producing successful outcomes.
Experience with SOX, PCI and HIPPA initiatives and standards
High availability, failover and data integrity experience with mission critical business requirements
Knowledge of Hybrid Data Center concepts
Understanding storage infrastructure Netapp, Tintri, and Pure arrays
Experience with Nutanix and AHC is plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Individual is responsible for the support of this company's hardware, software, and data related systems. Installation and support will include, but not be limited to the following: file, applications and database servers, switching, routing, wiring, communication links, workstations, laptops and Winterms, printers, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, accounting software, telecommunication software, HTTP and HTTPS support, development tools and databases.
Implement and manage WAN/LAN networking schemes while adhering to industry standard security protocols and SOX, HIPPA and PCI principles.
• Ensure the timely delivery of computer systems and business applications.
• Ensure an up-to-date inventory and accountability is maintained for each site.
• Ensure accurate and reliable delivery of service.
• Provide support and guidance to the Help Desk as level 2 or level 3 support for all this company's systems.
• Provide the installation and support of PC and server based software at new this company's locations.
• Communicate the details, requirements and status of all current and planned projects.
• Maintain the integrity and safety of company data through the supervision of data backups and archiving principles
• Strong customer service orientation
• Vulnerability and application patch management increasing system performance while reducing potential threats.
• Breakdown, disassembly and disposal of networking, infrastructure and business application systems with minimal impact to the business.
• Performs other duties as assigned.