Clinical Laboratory Manager
Manages, organizes and directs the daily operations of all assigned direct or matrix ancillary services teams within the medical center.
Oversees the care and delivery of service provided ensuring that they meet or exceed clinical quality and safety standards. Works in collaboration with medical center and service line managers to assure quality outcomes, manage access, and implement reliable clinical processes and procedures.
- Manages, organizes and directs the daily operations of all assigned direct or matrix ancillary services teams within the medical center.
- Oversees the care and delivery of service ensuring that they meet or exceed clinical quality and safety standards.
- Responsible for the implementation of both medical center and service line(s) goals and objectives. Works in collaboration with medical center and service line managers to assure quality outcomes, manage access, and implement reliable clinical processes and procedures.
- Manages costs to targeted financial performance and allocated resources.
- Provides input to the development of annual budget.
- In collaboration with other medical center management and/or service line colleagues, makes operational adjustments as needed to meet financial targets. Identifies care-related capital needs and oversees research for requests.
- Implements complex change and improvements associated with access management, clinical quality, safety standards and service excellence.
- Patient Experience: Assures the delivery of care that meets or exceeds service excellence standards.
- Trains and supports staff in delivering a consistent customer experience.
- Resolves patient complaints and unusual occurrence UOs.
- Staff Engagement & Development: Manages staff, including selection, training, onboarding and development, performance management, recognition, discipline and termination.
- Collaborates with other ancillary services managers as needed to develop P&Ds, coaching, discipline and performance management of matrix reporting staff.
- Supports a culture of excellent service and communication that positively influences staff engagement.
- Assures a safe, productive, and supportive work environment for all staff.
Compliance and Emergency Preparedness:
- Ensures ongoing compliance and adherence to GH policy/procedure, as well as, other compliance, regulatory, accreditation, and enterprise requirements.
- Oversees frontline staff to maintain clinical standards and practice in accordance with all local, state and federal requirements.
- Assures that staff within the care team are trained and know what is expected during and after an emergency.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as a clinician in an ancillary service.
- Minimum four (4) years of in care delivery operations
- Minimum two (2) years of in a leadership role; managing the day-to day operations, performance of staff and workflow.
- Bachelors degree OR a minimum four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Speech-Language Pathologist License (Washington) required at hire from American Speech/Language and Hearing Association OR Occupational Therapist License (Washington) required at hire OR Pharmacy Technician License (Washington) required at hire OR Physical Therapist License (Washington) required at hire OR Histologic Technician Certificate required at hire OR Opthalmic Technician Certificate required at hire OR Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire OR Registered Radiologic Technologist (Washington) required at hire OR Medical Technologist Certificate required at hire OR Hisotologic Technologist Certificate required at hire OR Dispensing Optician License (Washington) required at hire
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to direct the activities of others on a direct or matrix team basis; Ability to collaborate and be influential across various roles and service areas.
- Ability to recruit, mentor, develop and engage staff, monitor performance standards, deliver results, and hold staff accountable.
- Strong communication, collaboration and change management skills; Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively anticipate, resolve and respond to issues as they arise.
- Knowledge of ancillary services regulatory and/or health care requirements.
- Financial management skills.
- Bachelors degree in a clinical discipline.